• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice on Size of Plotter to Purchase

JulieS

Hi! We need to purchase a new plotter to replace our 24" Graphtec. Planning to go with another Graphtec, but not sure which size would be best. I'm thinking 30" (since we also have a 15" Gerber and a 54" Roland Print/Cut). I'm concerned that anything larger would be more difficult/slower to load. And since I'm not a weight-lifter, I'm not sure I can handle vinyl rolls larger than 24". Any thoughts?
Thanks!!

Dennis422

The bigger the better.

I would go with 54" so you do tie up your printer while cutting.
The cutter is not that heavy, but the rolls might be.

But then again, you will not be cutting much of the color rolls that are wide. It will be mostly a printed vinyl that will be wide

MrSalumi

The bigger the better.

I would go with 54" so you do tie up your printer while cutting.
The cutter is not that heavy, but the rolls might be.

But then again, you will not be cutting much of the color rolls that are wide. It will be mostly a printed vinyl that will be wide

Pretty much word for word what my response was going to be. Bigger the better. I know of a good cheap Summa D140 Drag for sale if you are interested PM me.

ExecuPrintGS

we only have a 24" plotter here and its rare that i really need anything larger. When i do i load it on our roland or mimaki printers since they will also print and cut.
To me having a 54" plotter and a 54" printer plotter is a little redundant. the 24" plotter is fine for 99% of what we need for just cut vinyl. Anything printed gets cut on the roland or mimaki anyway.

im sure different shops have different needs though

Mosh

54", you can still load 24" film into it, but have the option of sizes all the way up to 54"

OldPaint

i have a CX-300 roland...30 INCH........but use 24 inch mostly........but if i need to cut something 30 inch......I CAN)))