• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Affordable Banner Printer

Locnar

Greetings, total newbie here to sign creating and looking for some experienced advice. I currently create print on demand t-shirts and getting some requests from clients to create and print banners for them. I have no experience with banner printing so my question follows:

What would be a type of an affordable, quality, wide-format printer should I look to purchase to create and print on vinyl material for banner creation? Typical banners clients want are banners for swap meets, trade shows, to hang on canopies, etc. I have been looking at various 24-inch to 44-inch wide printers, various brands but not sure if solvent, dye-sub or pigment would be best for banner printing.

Any advice, suggestions on what reliable equipment I would need would be appreciated. Even information regarding what equipment to stay away from would be appreciated as well. Thank you in advance!

Christian @ 2CT Media

If you want to cheap and versital you can't go wrong with the HP Latex 110. You can get them shipped for around $8k brand new.

Will print banner, decals, wraps, signs, etc.

ams

I recommend Eco-Solvent and go with a 54" so you can do 4' tall banners which is a standard size. Because if you go with a 24" you can only print 22" max and that's your limit.

Locnar

I recommend Eco-Solvent and go with a 54" so you can do 4' tall banners which is a standard size. Because if you go with a 24" you can only print 22" max and that's your limit.
Completely agree with you regarding the size. I know if I went absolute low cost and minimum size I would most likely regret that decision sooner than later. Thank you for the recommendation, it is greatly appreciated.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I take it you are running this out of your house? Latex 110 will be the machine you go with, going eco-solvent is pointless now.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Rather than what kind of printer or how much you can afford....... how many banners a week do you have requests for at this point, that would actually turn into jobs ?? Unless you're gonna keep that printer running 30 hours a week, you'll be a long time recouping your costs, plus material and inks, let alone phone time, customer service and other incidentals that will go with the territory. For now, farm it out and get an idea of how many banners you will be doing, rather than guessing or projecting. If you wanna service your customer(s), tell them they can get them on-line for much less than you can make onesies or twoosies.

TXFB.INS

yup like Gino stated, there are plenty of quality merchant members here letting you focus on sales, designs and customer services.

henryz

You can try B2signs wholesale banners in Southern Cali. I'm also pretty sure you can find a few more at the ISA sign show in Las Vegas next week.