• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Aftermarket Ink for UJF3042HG and CJV30-130

JBN Promo Inc

Good day all ..
Long time Lurker here .. time to jump in. I run Mimaki for my UV and my vinyl printing. My CJV30-130 already runs flawlessly with aftemarket inks ( Rite-Media Procolour ES3 ) but I'm a little nervous because up here in Canada only 1 company carries it and I'm looking to change to something a little more readily available. What is a good ink that I don't have to flush my lines ?

I also run a Mimaki UJF3042 HG UV printer with Mimaki Inks .. Looking to go aftermarket with those as well .. The printer sits for longer periods of time due to Covid and Im burning through hundreds of $$ a month in ink. No clue at what brand is good and is readily available.

Thank you all in advance - Cheer Brandon

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I think the recommendation is to always flush your lines before mixing solvents. There’s a good chance you won’t have an issue but it may not be worth the risk.

I’m not familiar with Canadian ink suppliers but if you’ve found one that works for you and you’re not having any issues; i wouldn’t be too hasty in changing it. (Just my two cents)

With UV inks, I’m pretty sure it’s a bit like latex and there aren’t too many companies making reliable aftermarket UV inks. I could be wrong though.

We have a CJV30 and when we got the Colorado we started to get problems with the aftermarket inks due to them sitting in the system for a while (in date). We’d never had that before because we were going through litres and litres every week, so the ink was never in the system long enough to cause issues.

If the machine isn’t running often it may be worth sticking with OEM - literally just for peace of mind. Sounds like either way you’re going to be putting your money into the waste tank.

You could always just look into dropping the cleaning cycles and doing more manual cleans to save ink. If you’re going through hundreds of $$ a month on ink there is definitely an issue there.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
check out CMYK engineering and their LIPLA brand of inks. They where very helpful when i enquired. samples where nice too. Although they're based in the usa, they seem pretty reliable.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
I always compare inkjet ink with mobile oil. Will the car run forever without oil changes? No. The UV ink, Solvent ink inside the printer has to move, filter for dampers needed be changed yearly. Wipers, felts, parts. Expired ink has to go like old oil has to go.

Find the reputation ink company is very important. Do your research. See what others talk about. You never know what's in re-brand ink bottle. Not all third party ink is bad. We distribute Jetbest ink from Taiwan. Same name, same country, same customers, exporting to over 80 countries as of today.

We replaced original LH-100 ink with Jetbest ink in a UJF-3042FX with great result. Available colors: CMYKW. A few photos are in the listing. We ship daily from S. California. PM or sales@premiercolour.com for more information.

Attachments

• jetbest for mimaki ujf-3042fx.jpeg
    jetbest for mimaki ujf-3042fx.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 121
I’ve been running this ink for a year without issues and my printer also sits sometimes for a week or two at a time.

I was originally told it’s bordeaux ink that’s repackaged, but I’m unsure if that’s true. The name on the cart label is solventcartridges.com which is run by Digital Sign Tech in Toronto.

TD Digital

I don't have much feedback but the STX "direct replacement" inks for the UJF Mimaki 6042/3042 have killed numerous of our printheads. I will never put that junk in our machines again.