• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

AGFA Anapurna H3200i-LED streaking issue

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Cant adhere to every substrate.....only DA materials and even some PVCs have had issues with. The ink peels like a banana even with high lamps. Im personally getting away from the agfa corporate BS here and going with a newer machine. Tested the inks and can print really well with routering on a less expensive acrylic, dibond...etc. Ink is 40% less as well. Im just done with them.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Swiss Q Nyala 3. Kicks the anapurna's ass. Dual Rows of jets...80x126 inch bed with RTR, white ink...etc. Ink cost is 40% less per Liter and support is always reachable.

LarryB

Cant adhere to every substrate.....only DA materials and even some PVCs have had issues with. The ink peels like a banana even with high lamps. Im personally getting away from the agfa corporate BS here and going with a newer machine. Tested the inks and can print really well with routering on a less expensive acrylic, dibond...etc. Ink is 40% less as well. Im just done with them.
Interesting. I've had my H2500i LED for 2 years and do not have any issues you are talking about. It has been a good machine for us.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
do you print on standard acrylic? We have found we have to print on Plaskolite or Similar DA substrate for acrylic....otherwise it just peels off if we router to the edge of the image or flood white for standoff prints. Dibond chips and flakes.....and had issues even with certain batches of Ultraboard plastic faced. The lamps are still under the max hours by a lot. Currently we're down with a 10 month old part that died.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
When we print on acrylic, we use an ink adhesion promotor AP3155. Since adding that little step it's been printing and adhering great. No issues with any other substrates.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Just one small sample on UB W/B/B....cast matte lam on top and then trimmed/routered.

20240312_120920.jpeg

LarryB

do you print on standard acrylic? We have found we have to print on Plaskolite or Similar DA substrate for acrylic....otherwise it just peels off if we router to the edge of the image or flood white for standoff prints. Dibond chips and flakes.....and had issues even with certain batches of Ultraboard plastic faced. The lamps are still under the max hours by a lot. Currently we're down with a 10 month old part that died.
I did have issues printing on black acrylic. We don't do much acrylic and when we do we just print on clear then mount.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Digital Max metal was decent then they had adhesion issues even with that. Gave up and started using Digital BeBond from N Glantz and that was more consistent and better adhesion overall. We do a fair amount of acrylic 2nd surface so the adhesion promoter wouldnt work. We use Arlon 3170 for pretty much all the lam on the flatbed. Otherwise for matte using Wrapcast Matte lam from Briteline.
AGFA has said "nobody else is having these issues" but when I showed pics....they couldn't give me a reasonable answer. Lamps up to max didnt work.

Boudica

Just curious, why doesn't the adhesion promotor not work for you when printing 2nd surface? I mostly do second surface when printing on acrylic, and it prints and adheres just fine.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We're in a warehouse setting here and the concern was always dust or imperfections in the application of the adhesion promoter especially with a 2nd surface print.

Boudica

That's an environment problem, not an Agfa flaw. Now I'm wondering how many other issues your having may be more due to the environment than the printer....

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Exactly. Thats why we don't coat the boards with promoter. As for other items....the ink legitimately didnt stick. Standard ACM....ink doesnt stick well at all. Pulling sheets of Plastic Faced UB....ink should stick, no question. But have had issues. Ive run it past the rep from United as well....and they were scratching their heads also thinking it's a batch issue. UB Classic is hit or miss. AGFA said engine issues possibly as they know our environment here. We're not anything out of the ordinary. AC during the summer and all....Its been an ongoing issue for a number of years.

Last edited: