• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ahoy... Getting back into it!

DmOcRsI

Here in SoCal, started out about a decade ago with my first plotter, a CR-630. Had no idea what I was doing, but it taught me a lot of lessons and I learned a lot from that machine. A few years back, one day I started up the machine and it told me that the software (Flexi) needed me to reregister. So I called SAI and wouldn't you know it... suddenly my CR-630 was a security threat and it was no longer supported by Flexi and I had to buy a whole new program to use it. They told me the cost of the program and it turns out I paid less for my machine originally then they wanted for the program so I just ended up selling the machine.

Fast forward to this year.. I have some projects that I need to work on and I always knew I wanted to get back into it. This time though, I know what I am looking for in a machine. With that... I have been in the market for a CE6000-60 but it seems that those are getting far and few between. I would like to get into a CE7000-60 but I am hearing mixed reviews from people complaining about Graphtec's customer service recently and it is causing me pause.

What are people's experiences with the CE7000-60?
Is there an Equivalent plotter from another manufacturer that I should be looking at?
Where are people getting their equipment from, because I am not seeing a lot of price-breaks?

madone

Here in SoCal, started out about a decade ago with my first plotter, a CR-630. Had no idea what I was doing, but it taught me a lot of lessons and I learned a lot from that machine. A few years back, one day I started up the machine and it told me that the software (Flexi) needed me to reregister. So I called SAI and wouldn't you know it... suddenly my CR-630 was a security threat and it was no longer supported by Flexi and I had to buy a whole new program to use it. They told me the cost of the program and it turns out I paid less for my machine originally then they wanted for the program so I just ended up selling the machine.

Fast forward to this year.. I have some projects that I need to work on and I always knew I wanted to get back into it. This time though, I know what I am looking for in a machine. With that... I have been in the market for a CE6000-60 but it seems that those are getting far and few between. I would like to get into a CE7000-60 but I am hearing mixed reviews from people complaining about Graphtec's customer service recently and it is causing me pause.

What are people's experiences with the CE7000-60?
Is there an Equivalent plotter from another manufacturer that I should be looking at?
Where are people getting their equipment from, because I am not seeing a lot of price-breaks?
I have 3 Summa plotters that I am extremely happy with, one is a 25 year old D620 that is plotting true to this day, the others are a ST160 and ST140. I recommend Summa , you won’t regret it!

DmOcRsI

I have 3 Summa plotters that I am extremely happy with, one is a 25 year old D620 that is plotting true to this day, the others are a ST160 and ST140. I recommend Summa , you won’t regret it!
They definitely look like solid machines but they're well above my budget. The CE7000-60 coming in at just under $2k was already topping out where I wanted to be. If I had the wherewithal, then definitely... but I need to come in at that budget.