• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Air in lines of 1614

InnovativeKS

Is this OK? Should I be worried?
Thanks

Attachments

• Printer Lines.jpg
    Printer Lines.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 684

artbot

that isn't uncommon if the printer has been sitting a good while, and maybe the caps are getting some dried ink around the edges, etc.

do and ink fill or pull the damper and draw the air out. pay close attention to the resistance on the syringe and the way the membrane of the damper acts after the syringe is removed. if should flow relatively easy and the membrane should relax after drawing ink.

InnovativeKS

A Mutoh tech has been out 10 times to try and resolve the problem. It happens all of the time. Their answer now it is "Its normal". I don't buy it...Why all the new parts, dampers, print head, new lines ect. Still the same problem. Should I be worried with this printer going out of warranty in January???

signage

Do you print daily?

If your answer is yes then this is not normal. There is a leak in the ink supply system some were. I would have them replace all the lines and fittings!

artbot

is it just the one line going to the black? have you reverse flushed the line. occasionally a piece of rubber or something from a cart can get into the piercing needle that can restrict flow. the printer will constantly prime the line, and the cart will pull back on it a bit. you can judge flow by pulling ink on a damper that is flowing... memorize the resistance. then pull ink from the one with air in the lines. i dealing with restriction, you will sense an increase in vacuum force needed and flow into the damper. if so, put an empty clear cart on that line. get some pure solvent (acetone is good), take off the damper and fit the syringe directly to the ink line. push and pull the acetone inside of the line. you will hear bubbles as you reverse the flow.

after this flush that out with cleaning fluid. pull cleaning fluid into the damper. get a read on resistance. if you had a bit of a coagulated clog, or fleck of something you will immediately feel the difference.

InnovativeKS

I am not messing with it...that is what the warranty is for. It changes, sometimes it is only the K cart., and other times it is CMY. Right now just C & K. I am being told that since it is before the damper, it does not matter. I DO NOT BELIEVE THEM.

InnovativeKS

When the CMY had air in them at the same time, yes. I had to do a light cleaning to get the air out before a print and then they would come right back after the print. My concern is what happens after the warranty runs out? Is this the beginning of a large problem??

If they cant fix it push them to replace the machine. That simple. It's been done before. I have seen it. Talk to randy. He's here on S101. And works at Mutoh. RandyA is his SN I think.

Ghost Prophet

Try getting your cartridges to fit tighter... Take a piece of corruplast and use it as a wedge or some packing tape to give those cartridges a good seal. I know some people have been having problems with that so might not hurt to give it a try.

Hope everything works out for you in the end anyway.

henryp

The VJ-1614 has sub-tanks, ink is gravity fed to the subtanks from the main cartridges and is controlled by 2-way valves. The printhead draws its ink supply from the sub-tanks. This is one of the differences between the Valuejet printers (except the VJ-1204's and VJ-1304's) from the older Mutoh Rockhoppers and Falcons.

Prairieboy

My 1608 just came off warranty it has had a lot of service issues including, new head, capping station, ink card reader etc, etc. I still have problems with the ink system. My advice to you is RIDE THEM UNTIL THEY FIX IT OR REPLACE IT!!! I am stuck with a problem I am now paying for out of pocket.