• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

air pockets in my lams....

depps74

I am new to laminating. I have a Royal Sovereign 54". I have been getting pretty good results, but there is always some air or parts that don't get fully pressed down. I can get rid of these areas with a squeegee and the coverage of these is pretty erratic so I don't think its an uneven issue.

Any thoughts???

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you might need to relearn the laminating process or there is something not set right with your laminator or bad stock

pics?

if you are careful you can get bubbles out. You may see imperfections in the lamination when you do this. However over time these may wet out. Just depends on the severity of the issue

JulieS

Not much help, but...you definitely shouldn't be having air pockets/bubbles-at least not a lot of them. Something must not be set right. If you could post some photos, it might be easier to tell what's going on.

rjssigns

I have an RS and run it at the slowest speed possible. This allows the adhesive to "wet out" better. There are lots of other things to look out for also. I've posted some tips and tricks for laminating. I'll see if a quick search pops them up.