• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Air purifiers for printing environments?

joeshaul

Just because you can't smell them or they put some smell-goods in the package to cover up........ does not mean they still don't exist.

And likewise, just because you didn't hear it, doesn't mean it isn't deadly. Oh wait, we're talking inks?

AUTO-FX

Not terrible as my printer room is separate from from the rest of the shop.

Fatcat, the air pressure is out of balance. no kidding. see if you can vent clean air INTO your printer room and you will cut down on the dust big time.

cdiesel

I'd take a serious look at Stan's offer. That's a good deal, and you wouldn't have anything to worry about.

The hood idea isn't bad, but think about a collection tray that would sit on the floor below the machine with inlets spread the length of the printer. I'm sure you can buy the collector as I've seen them at many shows, but you could easily build one yourself too. Of course you'll also want ambient air to be circulated, which is why Island Clean Air only uses one side of the Duster 2000 (what we run) for the Fume Control attachment.