• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Air spray gun painting vs corded/cordless painting

ams

What about those $1,000 spray units, are they any good? I want a universal spray gun that works for everything I need. But maybe one doesn't exist yet.

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
I know most, if not all of you will shake your head, or laugh out loud at this one, but, my tight old Pop, as much as I love him, bought a ZOOM from a TV ad.
It sounds like a blow dryer when it's on, but I have painted the garage, my Locomotive Shop, my Cabin, and their house is next.
Now I'm painting sign panels with it. Latex and Oil Base.
Works for me!

studio 440

So I have always painted my signs with a spray gun through an air compressor. It works when dry, but it's been raining for weeks here and there is a ton of moisture and I do drain it out first, but when it fills up with air, it's soaking again coming out.

My latest project has been getting all messed up because it doesn't spray right.

Looking online I see that Graco makes a couple of great ones. Both corded and cordless. Has anyone used these type of sprayers? Apparently you don't have to dilute the paint, just pour in and spray. I was wondering if they are better and also is cleaning the spray gun easy or a nightmare?
look into getting a moisture trap or air drier for your compressor to remove the water from the lines and they even make a trap that attaches to your spray gun to stop water condensation

BALLPARK

Can the Graco units use UV Liquid Protectors instead of paint?

We are looking into some UV dryers for metal art styled prints, but I was wondering if the paint guns listed in this thread could be used with something similar to ClearShield?

Thanks...

Bevets

I know most, if not all of you will shake your head, or laugh out loud at this one, but, my tight old Pop, as much as I love him, bought a ZOOM from a TV ad.
It sounds like a blow dryer when it's on, but I have painted the garage, my Locomotive Shop, my Cabin, and their house is next.
Now I'm painting sign panels with it. Latex and Oil Base.
Works for me!
How much do you have to thin the latex?

MikePro

we use two air line trap/filters between our compressor and paint gun, for redundancy.
we also installed an auto-purge on the bottom of the compressor tank that expells air/moisture in a 2sec blast every 30min