• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

AliExpress? dx4printheads is it legit?

jason91

has anybody bought printheads from aliexpress? i saw some dx4 printheads on there for $299? thats cheap compared to 450-550 each...

Attachments

• 1669930924046.png
    1669930924046.png
    497.7 KB · Views: 177

DL Signs

Never go against the family
If they're genuine, I liken it to buying from batches that didn't pass QC, that someone ran out the back door with and is selling. If they're knock-offs, there's always something not to spec, different, cheaper materials used to cut cost. It's a crap-shoot, you might get good ones, most likely not, and as far as warranty, the best you can hope for is a replacement of the same thing you bought with another one (if you're lucky). Only tried them once, wasn't my choice, a purchasing agent for the company I was with at the time decided to try to save a buck when we did an overhaul on one of our Rolands... They looked the same, but never fired as good, dripped and clogged constantly, random over spray issues that would come and go, and completely failed within about a year. After all the wasted time and material, plus the expense of having to replace them all again so soon with OEM's, not worth it in my experience.

netsol

in 2017 or 2018 i bought 4 new in box dx4's from a signs101 member, for $1400, i think.
he had purchased from sign-in-china, but purchased a new machine before delivery happened

the roland is still running like a champ

DL Signs

Never go against the family
in 2017 or 2018 i bought 4 new in box dx4's from a signs101 member, for $1400, i think.
he had purchased from sign-in-china, but purchased a new machine before delivery happened

the roland is still running like a champ
You're one of the lucky ones. For every success story, there are just as many, if not more failures like the experience I had. The issue is you're gambling on what you're getting. It's the same with vinyls, or anything else, there are hundreds of different sellers on these Chinese sites with pop-up companies, no quality standards, and all competing with each other to make things cheaper to sell to us. I'll never say all of their products are bad, you just don't know which ones are till you have it, and they have your money.

netsol

we have purchased a couple aqueous heads, and a solvent manifold, a few times
MOST OF THE TIME, it works out

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
we have purchased a couple aqueous heads, and a solvent manifold, a few times
MOST OF THE TIME, it works out
We used to do this when we had a good supplier of the aqueous ones. The trick was to flush the head with a water alcohol solution first, then flush that out with air, then flush with solvent solution, and air again. That seemed to work the best although every once in a while we would have one fail anyway.

unmateria

2 times we have bought printheads there(aliexpress, not that seller)... 2 times scamed with used and badly glued printhead plates. Of course PayPal nor aliexpress solved anything.