• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Alumalite Squeegees? Worth it?

Zac

Mediocre Designer
Anyone have any experience with the Alumalite squeegees? They look super useful but I've only seen videos from the manufacturer. Any actual shops/installers using them?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Never heard of it til now, and upon checking it out, can't say anything about it. Your guess is as good as mine.

SignProPlus-Chip

I have never seen anyone use these, professional or otherwise.

Is that just foam wrapped around the edge of the aluminum?

If so you can make this thing out of standard extrusion for about a tenth of the cost.

Zac

Mediocre Designer
That's why I was wondering, I could only find one other thread on them here and there was no answers. Luckily my research led me to the Big Squeegee and I will probably be going with that.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
That's why I was wondering, I could only find one other thread on them here and there was no answers. Luckily my research led me to the Big Squeegee and I will probably be going with that.

The Big Squeegee is a proven product from a long time supporter and merchant member of Signs 101.

Jackpine

What Fred said. The big squeegee has worked excellent laminating and applying graphics. Dale was (and still is) a genius when he developed these tools. And he's a nice guy.

Last edited:

Pat Whatley

I have never seen anyone use these, professional or otherwise.

Is that just foam wrapped around the edge of the aluminum?

If so you can make this thing out of standard extrusion for about a tenth of the cost.

But you'd have to find the extrusion, and the self adhesive felt, and then find that sweet aluminum handle.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
We just got a couple a month or so ago...they are great. Fantastic for applying 24-30" Rtape to cut vinyl. Use them for applying some vinyl to substrates, hard to get real firm pressure but you can always go back over with a small firm squeegee after applying, mainly with air release vinyl.

C

ColoPrinthead

I have used one for putting down application tape and found it useful when dealing with pieces over 6ft long.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
everything is wrong with that video. there is a lot better way to put transfer tape on and I would never install die cut lettering that blindly. I always remove the paper and see if anything left on the peeled liner or to see if any paper left on the back of the letters (in case if the cut force was too much)

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I have both.
The Big Squeegee broke when employee dropped it....glued back together...still works.
Alumalite Squeegee has Female Velcro as buffer and doesn't get a good contact when applying wall wraps.
Maybe if I swap out buffers on it I would like it...but it just collects dust for now.