• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

aluminum composite

tomandsherri

Does anyone have an opinion on MaxMetal aluminum composite? We have used Omegabond for a very long time, but can no longer find it.

2B

It has more "flex" than some other brands, but it hasn't delaminated (knock on wood)
MaxMetal is better than the BeBond from N.Glantz

We switched to the Reece Brand "Alucosun" B/C the freight from Grimco is $$$

SignEST

It has more "flex" than some other brands, but it hasn't delaminated (knock on wood)
MaxMetal is better than the BeBond from N.Glantz

We switched to the Reece Brand "Alucosun" B/C the freight from Grimco is $$$
Buy straight from China like the big guys and make your own 2Bond. I've yet to see one delaminate but some of these variety brands are really soft. Like the inside plastic is somehow less dense and the metal is also thinner. Mind you the price is always a lot lower too. Seems to me as if the average customer does not care if the metal is thick or not, they just want cheaper.

Maybe someone here knows more about the outdoor durability of the Chinabonds but for indoor they work out perfectly fine.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
We have been using BeBond premium which has the .2 skin on 2 sides. No problems so far but I grab maxmetal when it is on sale and it seems pretty decent. I used to buy ACM from EMS and it would warp bad.

2B

Buy straight from China like the big guys and make your own 2Bond. I've yet to see one delaminate but some of these variety brands are really soft. Like the inside plastic is somehow less dense and the metal is also thinner. Mind you the price is always a lot lower too. Seems to me as if the average customer does not care if the metal is thick or not, they just want cheaper.

Maybe someone here knows more about the outdoor durability of the Chinabonds but for indoor they work out perfectly fine.

already looked into and to make the pricing worth with the order / hassle you have to have to get several containers worth.
Do not have the space for storage on this.

we can get the .30mm skin from Reece less than others sell the .15mm skin for

Inks

Maybe someone here knows more about the outdoor durability of the Chinabonds but for indoor they work out perf

Sounds about right. Probably smack dab between a rubber/plastic recycling/shredding plant and an aluminum foil plant. They just get all the seconds from the foil company when they roll a coil too thin...
A lot of it comes from one plant that manufactures under a variety of names.

Inks

already looked into and to make the pricing worth with the order / hassle you have to have to get several containers worth.
Do not have the space for storage on this.

we can get the .30mm skin from Reece less than others sell the .15mm skin for
Also the shipping on a container load is now $30,000 up from $5000