• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aluminum DiBond rounded corners

Raghaus

While I have access to a large router at a friend's shop, it sometimes seems overkill to just round the corners on aluminum dibond signs. I'm thinking a corner die cutter might do the trick? I really only want a small corner to take the sharp edge off... I have something like this for paper, but I'm afraid it'll ruin the blade.

Any suggestions appreciated.

SeeEmWhyKay

Print Plug & Pigment Procurer
While I have access to a large router at a friend's shop, it sometimes seems overkill to just round the corners on aluminum dibond signs. I'm thinking a corner die cutter might do the trick? I really only want a small corner to take the sharp edge off... I have something like this for paper, but I'm afraid it'll ruin the blade.

Hello! We use one of these and it seems to work really well. https://www.binding101.com/lassco-wizer-cr-60-corner-rounder-for-metal-signs-with-die
You can get them from Denco Sales and I think NGlantz carries them too. They last forever in my experience.

Good luck!

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
I prefer to keep a 400 grit (maybe 200, I forget) 3m finishing sanding block handy, mostly for finishing the edge off of engraved signs, but I find it blows through dibond pretty fast. I use it to take the sharp edge off of some of the sheets we get in before running them into the laminator, just in case.
JBurton Wonderful input. Those 3M Sanding Sponges have been so useful to me. And, you can use them wet or dry, and keep the clean by rinsing in warm water.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica

It wont ruin the blade. We have a couple of the cheap ebay ones and they can even do a small radius on 080.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
mhartel Think about always keeping a brand new fresh blade in stock. Something may put a small nick in the blade and then you have downtime. A handy spare might be a better way.