• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aluminum vs. Acrylic Signs

MultiCam

Some of the most popular sign materials used in the industry today are Aluminum and Acrylic. Customers may ask which material is best to use for their sign, the chart below lists the properties of each of these materials, and cutting solutions for these surfaces.

aluminum-vs-acrylic-chart-copy.jpg

Acrylic vs. Aluminum
Aluminum signs are mainly used outdoors such as traffic and real estate signs, where as acrylic is typically used indoors such as a commercial building. Offering both of these materials from your sign business is a necessity and it is imperative to have a quality cutting solution for both of materials. Continue Reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Judging by your first two posts, you ought to look into the possibilities of becoming a Merchant Member here.

Then you could really advertise. :Welcome:​

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
your sheet is wrong, acrylic is neither light weight nor is it durable (or I should say ... AS DURABLE as aluminum.) and to state it as both would mean that it would pass a stress test of your average teenager flinging a rock at it ... it won't ... so it's wrong.

visual800

i gotta gree with tyrant. acrylic is great for small stuff, but I always cringe drilling it or handling it

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
A teenager with a rock is going to ding, crack or damage something. Durability means nothing when someone is hell-bent on damaging it.