• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Aluminum welder for channel letters

612 SIGNS

GM!
We have a couple of Miller welders, but when we do small reverse channel letters ( 3"-7") are forced to outside weld as the welder tips are too big to fit between the narrow returns.
Does anyone use a smaller MIG set up? I know there used to be a company that did a small spool gun with a 9" long tip, but they are out of business.
TIG will not work ( one hand to hold the rod, one to hold the torch... nothing to hold the letter returns).
Any suggestions will be welcome! And useful to many of us.

W

Ascent

VP engineering
GM!
We have a couple of Miller welders, but when we do small reverse channel letters ( 3"-7") are forced to outside weld as the welder tips are too big to fit between the narrow returns.
Does anyone use a smaller MIG set up? I know there used to be a company that did a small spool gun with a 9" long tip, but they are out of business.
TIG will not work ( one hand to hold the rod, one to hold the torch... nothing to hold the letter returns).
Any suggestions will be welcome! And useful to many of us.

W
You can use our 500W laser welder or our AT3 bending machine with aluminum extrusion/profile that let you make reverse/halo letters without welding
Dave
ascentequipment.com