• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anagraph 60E need just a little help gettin it going

thatsignguy

Well I just got the cutter for almost free. It was working perfectly hooked up to a mac. The guy I got it from said it would work through flexisign but I cant get it going.

Heres My setup

Dell demention 3000 1gig of ram 2.8 gig processor with XP
Illustrator CS3
Flexisign 8

I have the plotter hooked up to a high speed Keyspan adapter making a 9 pin a USB, I know you all what this is.

I have it set up in flexi as the anagraph 60E , I have selected all my ports but cant get it to cut, it says cutting 0% when its on comm1...

Do I need to get a driver for this cutter to make flexi recognize it?

help

Techman

u have to have the correct cable.. As for drivers. If its listed in flexi then the driver is in there. If you have the right cable and the cutter is listed in flexi then it will run..

thatsignguy

u have to have the correct cable.. As for drivers. If its listed in flexi then the driver is in there. If you have the right cable and the cutter is listed in flexi then it will run..

OK I believe I have everything correct then....

What steps do I take next? since its not cutting, anyone?

Is there a better cable for this thing? Links anyone?

:thankyou:

49hd

I ran into a similar deal. Look at your screen on the plotter, mine read error when I got to the point your at. Scroll through some options and bingo. If you dont read anything in your window, get a new cable.

Techman

if the cutter makes a test cut ok,, and your software is setup right then it will cut. IF the cutter makes a good test cut,, but will not run from the computer, Then be sure the cable is correct. If the cable is correct and still will not cut, there is a port conflict..

thatsignguy

ok i found my problem....

the keyspan i was using was "mac os" keyspan.....

:rolleyes:

is there a localy availible adapter i can get for this? for PC with XP

I think I remember reading somewhere that radio shack has one...

designatedmedia

i use mine with a serial adapter to flexi. works like a charm. have never tried the usb converter. let me know if you find one at radio shack.

kristkarloff

new to anagraph and flexi

i just got this ana 60e

plugged into my computer with a 25 pin adapter. original cable

but it wont print.

how do i set up the plotter??

round man

the aforementioned device is a drawing/cutting device designed to cut vinyl and or draw on paper it was never intended to act as a printer,...it will function with a print driver but only with proper vector input it will not reproduce bitmaps etc,...

in order for it to function you need to send vector graphics from a vector based program(corel illustrator inkscape flexi etc,) to the com port (serial port) with the proper settings (baud data handshake parity) then the device needs a proper cable and to be set online to allow proper communication between the pc and plotter