• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anagraph cutter

geb

I'm in need of a supplier of anagraph cutter parts, specifically a teflon strip for an ae-75. Hopefully someone in the northeast. Apdevices, I believe who bought anagraph, has a minimum order they require, and I'm just looking for 1 strip, so really don't want to go with that option.

If any anagraph users have a website or phone # they use for parts or blades, regardless of location, it would be much appreciated.

George

Spot Color

No problem. Call McCaffrey Supply @ 800-553-4897. Ask for Stan or John. They're located on the beautiful, sunny Mississippi gulf coast but can ship anywhere.

Tell 'em Wayne sent ya.

Wayne

geb

Thanks for the replies.

Another question concerning the above cutter, anyone have a theory why when I have a 2" letter on screen selected, after the plot the letter is half the size, or 1"?

George

Spot Color

Give us a little more info. What screen? What Software? The letter you've cut or the letter on the screen has changed? Work with us here...

Glad to help if I can.

Wayne

geb

Your right.

Windows XP, Service Pack 1, signlab e6.1. Anagraph AE-75.

Used cutter, just hooking it up. It came with a floppy driver, anagraph designart express plotter driver. In signlab, there are a list of drivers, I have a roland, and that driver is checked next to its name, same as HPGL. There are two drivers for anagraph, I checked the express which is what I have. I never loaded the driver that came with it because it has an ancient copyright dating back to '96. I figure the drivers in signlab are up to date. I type in a normal letter in signlab, go to plot, and it cuts the letter perfectly, but it's half the size of the letter size I plotted.

I've searched the menu on the plotter, it has alot of functions, but none I think will help with this. I also have an email in with previous owner, but can only reach during business hours, which coincide with my day job.

George

Spot Color

Well hhmmm...
If this were in FlexiPro I'd check the production manager. There is a setting for scale. Once set, to say 50%, it will default to that every time you open production manager until you change it to something else.

SignLab may work another way but I'd bet it's something that simple. Remember these are just tools. They do what we tell them... mostly. :)

Wayne

geb

I found this on a site for anagraph cutters. Not sure if I understand this, but sounds like it relates to my situation. Can anyone clarrify in simpler terms?

Size Variation Due To Resolution Settings:

Job sizes will vary depending of the program being used. This is due to the different Resolution set by the Driver of each program. To rectify, please contact the manufacturer of your program.

Sample scenario: The default resolution settings in ALL ANAgraph's plotter and in DesignArt is 1000 Dots Per Inch (DPI) or 39.37 Dots Per millimeter (DPmm). If a one inch square is to be plotted from DesignArt out to any ANAgraph's plotter, the output will be exactly 1 square inch. However, if you are using Flexisign, which has a 2540 DPI default resolution setting, plotting this job out to any ANAgraph's plotter will cause the output to be 2.54 times larger. (2540/1000 = 2.54 times larger).

Thanks,

George

elipson

Anagraph AE-60 using sign lab

I am using an anagraph ae-760e plotter with signlab. I can cut anything that is less than eight (8) ft. But when I try to cut something closer to 15 ft, it runs off the wheels. I have a lot of experience with aligning plotters and can not figure out what is happening. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

geb

How old is it? Are your rollers worn? Anagraph is a west coast operation I believe, maybe give them a call for more info. Also, always raise your carriage when not in use.

www.apdevices.com

George