• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

another help request Hi Res Street Maps

Vicg

Anyone have any links for hi res street maps my customer needs north jersey for a sales conferance im coming up blank again.
Vic

Jim Doggett

Anyone have any links for hi res street maps my customer needs north jersey for a sales conferance im coming up blank again.
Vic

You may need to buy / license something. Map-makers are sticklers when it comes to copyrights. And they guard their work like pitbulls.

Maybe try these guys: http://www.maps.com/

Good luck,

Jim

I've done this a couple of times and it works fairly well. Go to google maps or the map site of your choice, zoom in till you get the resolution you want. Do screen captures of the map images, use photoshop to stitch the images together. Use this a template and recreate the areas of the map that you need for your customer. As long as you are only using google as a reference, I don't think you will be breaking any copyright.

Jim Doggett

"Go to google maps or the map site of your choice, zoom in till you get the resolution you want."

That violates the license agreement. It's intended for personal and not commercial use. But it may not be closely monitored. (Not as obvious as scanning a printed map ... but still full-on copyright violation.)

Jim

Vicg

Fred Thanks i worked with the link you gave me and ill be placing an order with them Today.
Vic