• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anti-graffiti

solarstop

Has anyone ever installed anti-graffiti over window graphics? If so........Did it prolong life of graphic? Did you ever have to do any replacement of the anit-graffiti film? Than you

Gino

Premium Subscriber
May I ask why is this a question ?? Maybe better yet, what went wrong that you wanna use the setup you're questioning ??

solarstop

We had to "blackout" windows on a storefront to block the view of studs, insulation, etc.......They did the interior build out before we could put blackout film on the inside of glass. We decided black cast vinyl would be best for exterior application with westerly sun exposure. It's been 5 years and it's starting to look weathered with some minor scratches and tears. Owner wants to know if there is anything we can do to prolong the life of graphic. I know anti-graffiti film will do this, but I guess the real question is will the vinyl hold up when removing damaged anti-graffiti? We've installed hundreds of sq ft of anti-graffiti, but only on plastics and mirrors.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I would say you got 5 years out of it and that sounds about right. I'm not sure you can get much better than that. Anti Graffiti is not what you want though. It's will just add cost - not longevity.

Lindsey

Not A New Member
I did a project with anti-graffiti laminate on exterior printed graphics for a local high school. I did a lot of research on different anti-graffiti lams, and I was really disappointed to find out that they have a shorter exterior lifespan (3 - 5 years tops) than a good cast laminate. It was a trade-off for the school, we decided the risk of vandalism was greater than the need for longevity.