• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any advice appreciated!

Checkers

Yep, there's plenty of help available for new businesses. www.SBA.gov is a good place to start. www.SCORE.org is another. Plus there are many local sources.
Even before your start your business plan, you need to set personal goals - wants, needs, etc., so your business plan can meet your personal goals.
From there, just about anything can go.

Checkers

SBowlerDesign

Thanks, Dan. I did have my own design studio (small, 2-3 employees total) about 10 years ago. But basically took over my father-in-laws business, so I was spared starting up from scratch. I wanted to post some pictures so members could give me some feedback, but having some technical diffilculties with uploading to the member gallery. I will try and attach one here so I can get some member feedback. I am in the process of designing a postcard that I was going to pass around, and also in the process of designing a very basic website. That is as far as I have gotten so far.

Attachments

• Jones_Bear.jpeg
    Jones_Bear.jpeg
    299.9 KB · Views: 92

SBowlerDesign

Thanks, Checkers, I will look into those sites. More pictures.

Attachments

• Jones_bird.jpg
    Jones_bird.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 98
  • CAS.jpg
    CAS.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Allweathercourts.jpg
    Allweathercourts.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 102

Pro Image

Howdee form VA........You work looks great I really like the House # sign.......I think you'll do great with this type of quallity.........

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Very nice work.

In addition to getting you business plan together, you might want to make up a little introductory letter or brochure and hand it out to all of the sign shops in your area. I'm sure the other shops will sub work out to you with samples like you've shown here. :thumb:

Is that all hand carved or do you have a small CNC ??

Good Luck...

SBowlerDesign

Thanks, Gino. Most of the signs are handcarved. Some have sandblasted backgrounds. The Commercial Art Studio sign is sandblasted redwood. The Jones MD sign has sandblasted lettering (bear is carved). The Jones residential sign is all handcarved. All weather courts is handcarved. The Boathouse is all handcarved redwood. I am in the process of carving a small sample sign for a local sign shop. The owner is interested in subbing out work to me. Haven’t had the time yet to approach other sign shops. Again, thanks for the support. P.S. Love the quote