• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

any good 3D rendering software?

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
plugins, stand alones, cheapos?
i have a logo design i have to do, and they want in 3D style.
thanks!
chris:clapping:

OlsonSigns601

I've used Swift 3D for a couple projects.

Pretty easy to use to render images like this:

attachment.php

Attachments

• OlsonSignsTest.jpg
    OlsonSignsTest.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 122

SebastienL

Google's Sketchup is pretty cool. It's rather easy to learn and it's free. Doesn't do photorealistic renders... but it's free!

signswi

SketchUp is only free for the (extremely limited) version. All the good tools are in the paid version.

Often you can do logo 3D work in Adobe Illustrator itself, have you tried? Otherwise use Blender.

WI

Google SketchUp will let you dump whatever you've designed to a raster file, and you should probably be able to vectorize the result pretty easily.

Blender is also free, however there's a reason it appeals to people who are really into Linux. Don't get me wrong, it's an absolutely fantastic program, but learning it is like climbing a glass wall.

4R Graphics

For something simple like the posted pic use illustrator or corel and if you have the extended versions of illy and photoshop they have built in 3d controls for simple things like the posted pic.

OADesign

like many have already mentioned, there are some great full featured free solutions out there. Also they all have different learning curves too.

Blender (advanced: high end out put)
Google's Sketchup: (intermediate: low res output)

Illustrator has great 3D tools and can output resolution independent vector art.

And if you have Photoshop CS6 extended you can use it almost like a full featured 3D program. You can import files from other popular 3D programs.

But what you need as far as output (and what that output will be used for) can really help narrow you choices. IMO any thing needed for a logo have these variables:
A) Resolution independent vector art.
B) Can be reworked to Black and White
C) PMS/known color codes can be plugged in for a consistency across medias

Seems like Illustrator would be your go to app.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If it is just a one-off set up your layout and then have someone do the 3d part for you.
If you are interested in adding 3d rendering to your portfolio start by doing some research.
Look up the basics - modeling/texturing/lighting & rendering.
Find out if it is something you have the time to learn and really want to do.
Simple 3d is as easy as plotting one color vinyl.
Hi end 3D is an art form that is as complex as it gets.

wayne k
guam usa

Kaiser

3DSMax with a Vray plugin. Nothing better imho.

It will take a while to get used to setting up the lighting but if you have a little photography background, believe me. Its fantastic.