• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Any suggestions on metal brackets for a flag mount sign?

mmblarg

Hey all, I'm curious if anyone has a suggestion for a sturdy sign bracket. Here's the details:

Signs are double sided, 20" horizontal by 30" vertical reflective on dibond aluminum
Needs to be flag mounted to a 4"x 4" square metal post (drilling though is no issue)
Will be outside of an airport and will needs to withstand high winds
We are familiar with flag mount brackets, though we worry the wind will bend the material right at the end of the bracket since they would be placed along the vertical edge.

Are there any arm bar set ups that might be a better option for these signs? I'm terrible at descriptions so I've attached a quick rendition of what we are looking for vs the flag mounts.

Thanks for any assistance!

Attachments

• sign bracket.jpg
    sign bracket.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 536

mmblarg

Answered my own question! They're called Metro Wing brackets and are available at Grimco.

In case any one else wonders ha

Last edited:

Brandon708

I would use an .080 aluminum as your substrate. I think the dibond would blow out due is not being very strong at the set screw points.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
+1 for .080", especially at an airport with high foot traffic. Overengineer it to be safer.