• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any Summa Tech's in the Audience?

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Below is from the service manual. Is there something specific that you are doing that is causing the error? When does the error show up?

E10016 Internal error %i!

Internal errors are failures on the mainboard itself. Reason can be hardware or an firmware error (such as division by zero)
Internal error %i: Number of error is needed when board is returned to Summa. Number is not important for technicians)

Reboot cutter. When problem is not solved, upgrade firmware when possible.
When cutter does not want to boot disconnect all cables of the mainboard except the 24V power (J3) and USB connectors. Check if machine does boot-up and continue trouble shooting.
When error is fatal the mainboard needs to be changed or returned to Summa.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
What Chris suggested is correct. Here's the exact snippet on the error message from the service manual -

1706646113766.png

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
So, you could try updating the firmware first, but if that doesn't clear the error then you most likely will need to replace the mainboard.

ProColorGraphics

It was cutting a job just fine, then stopped mid cut. It was complete froze. So I powered it down and when I went to turn it back on, it just gives me this error code.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
$2,700 is the cost for the part, and I am checking on current availability for you now. Not sure if I will have an answer today, or if it will be tomorrow morning, but I will update you once I hear back.

ProColorGraphics

What Chris suggested is correct. Here's the exact snippet on the error message from the service manual -

View attachment 169382
Below is from the service manual. Is there something specific that you are doing that is causing the error? When does the error show up?

E10016 Internal error %i!

Internal errors are failures on the mainboard itself. Reason can be hardware or an firmware error (such as division by zero)
Internal error %i: Number of error is needed when board is returned to Summa. Number is not important for technicians)

Reboot cutter. When problem is not solved, upgrade firmware when possible.
When cutter does not want to boot disconnect all cables of the mainboard except the 24V power (J3) and USB connectors. Check if machine does boot-up and continue trouble shooting.
When error is fatal the mainboard needs to be changed or returned to Summa.
Are there any other troubleshooting things in the manual for the E10016 error?