• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anybody know what tape it is?

RebeckaR

I'm losing my mind trying to track down this particular type of app. tape.

We got this decal from a customer who wants a large number of decals with this exact type of tape.

It's low tack, clear, fairly thick and more rigid than transferrite's clear. It's not Rtape either.
It is perfectly smooth on the top, but as you can see in the scan, the adhesive has little ridges running through it.

Please, can someone save me from insanity? My suppliers all shake their heads and either send me a roll of something that isn't this, or just tell me it doesn't exist. But it does... really. It's right there on that decal!

showfull.php

http://www.signs101.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=4235

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not doubting you that it exists or not, but it looks like clear application tape applied to Cor-X and the flutes are showing through a bad squeegee job.

I mean really, this would have an adverse effect on applying vinyl due to not having an even amount of pressure between the vinyl and tape, this making it pick up with some difficulty in my opinion.

RebeckaR

If I can find something else that works just the same I'd be delighted.

It needs to be clear and extremely low tack.
All of the other tapes we have tried come in either high or medium tack and don't release as easily as we need it to.

eye4color

Rebekah- it's Gudy Window by Neschen. It looks like your client is transferring a mask for henna tattoos. We have a local beachwear store using the same material. Gudy window is a repositionable adhesive that I've used for facemount window posters. The texture is for aiding in bubble free mounting like vehicle wrap material. it's really cool stuff.

RebeckaR

It looks like you might be on the right track, eye4color, but I looked up the Gudy Window material and it's a 1 mil sheet that's adhesive on both sides. This stuff is probably 5-6 mil, really solid, and it's only moderately adhesive on the side contacting the vinyl. Is it possible that Neschen makes another product that's similar?

And no, Gino, it's not badly-squeegeed or badly-applied tape. The sticker is only about 3/4 x 3 inches, and those channels are really small. But they are definitely manufactured into the tape; you can look at them under a magnifier and see a definite pattern. I have several dozen of these samples, and they are all the same. Plus the channels can't be squeegeed out.