• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anybody recognise this effect?

niksagkram

Does anybody recognise this text effect? This is all the customer brought to me and I have to try to duplicate it. I thought somebody might know of a tut I could follow, before I try to build it myself

Thanks for any and all help.

Mark

Last edited:

iSign

that looks like it might be an outline of a letter done with a chrome bevel. There are lots of tutorials on creating that type of chrome look.

In the inside of the letter are the wire textures, that could be 2 different layers behind the chrome letters. The diagonal lines look just like Aurora's "diamond wire" on their "engine turn CD" ..but the horizontal lines are not part of that so they could be easily added on a seperate layer, with a bevel effect.

The top layer (chrome lettering) has a shadow only on the inside. I'd do a layer style with a shadow that would fall to the outside also, but I'd save a selecting of the outside background around the lettering, then flatten a copy of the file when everything else is done, then use that selection I saved to delete the shadow on the outside of the lettering.

I think that look is really nice by the way & it inspires me to try something similar. Can you show us a pic with more of the original design?

Good luck & show us what you end up with.

niksagkram

that looks like it might be an outline of a letter done with a chrome bevel. There are lots of tutorials on creating that type of chrome look.

I think that look is really nice by the way & it inspires me to try something similar. Can you show us a pic with more of the original design?

Good luck & show us what you end up with.

Thanks . The only picture I have is what I posted, sorry. I will post a pic of the finished product though. I started it last night, and I plan to do pretty much what you suggested.

Mark :beer:

niksagkram

Here'e what I have so far. I am going to wait to do the chrome outline. It's for a set of boat numbers and I don't have the numbers yet.

The background is just a Photoshop style. The "grill" I made in Corel Draw X3 and then opened in Photo shop, brought it into the file on a sepeate layer, and added the appropriate bevel and other effects.

The "pipe" I made in PhotoShop with a pipe style I found on the web.

It's coming along.

I should have the final done by the week-end.

Mark :beer:

Last edited:

kendallcole

Isign nailed it down pretty tightly. I would do two layers, one of the text with a fat stroke and "no fill" then do the chrome bevel on it, with the inner shadow. Then lay your pattern behind it. I beilive that would give you the depth your looking for with the outline as it shows. I could be wrong, but it also looks like a low ocpacity pattern overlay on that stroke of..greyish clounds...I dunno, thats what it looks like to me anyways.