• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone buy substrates in bulk overseas?

I have looked into some sources on Alibaba and things like coro and banner seem to be at least half price as we get them delivered from a supplier.

Anyone have any experience with this? Hate to buy 500 sheets of coro to find that the flutes are too small or something.

There is the matter of customs as well...the suppliers in China say they can get them to a local inland "port" for x amount, whereby we come and pick up the goods. Shipping insurance etc. to the local port is reasonable, but then they say you may have to pay something to the port, which is less clear...

Last edited:
Just got an email back on the banner material...LOL...that is a bit high...and creepy

Dear Dave,
Sorry for my unclear information.Good morning,my hard-working man.

US$1.79 /㎡,not one roll,about the shipment would you please tell me your excat quantity and your detail adress including your postcode,so i can calculate for you.

Waiting for your kindly reply.

Thanks&best regards,
cherish Zhou

I am a hard working man gosh darnit...I sit in an air conditioned room and hit print

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
You guys use alibaba? Every time I have messed around on there it's always shady dealers in china that don't know what your talking about.

johnnysigns

500 sheets of coroplast is (2) skids worth which in my opinion not worth the risk, hassle and freight. If that's just a "for instance" number I get it, but a container load should hold a significant amount of board and/or banner which would seem worthwhile given you can move the material. All the coro we use is corona treated which definitely has a shelf life.

Tom Dalton

Coro

We import some other items, but not coroplast. I've gotten samples of coro from 3 or 4 different Chinese companies and the quality is never good enough. They aren't smooth enough and they're not white enough (or not opaque enough). Also, coro is too much of a commodity. It's price is mostly based on the price as plastic because there isn't a ton of labor involved.

Tom
SignsDirect

pitorro

I've gotten supplies directly from the manufacturer and at the end its almost the same price as to buy it locally.
You have to pay freight, customs and then if they send it to some port over here then you have to pay an additional
shipping cost to bring it to your shop.
That's has happened to me too many times and I wont recommend it

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
That seems to be the case...of course a supplier such as yourself would dislike alibaba :) on that note could you email me a price list bseproduction@jfrank.com

Also that window perf you sold us with the clear lam turned out great

Lol I would never again buy from an overseas company on the Internet, I actually encourage shops to check it out then just come to me and I will show you how to get what your looking for. I love showing guys how to buy products better, I'm realistic when I know I can only sell to so many people so if I can help others add to their bottom line then that's great satisfaction for me.

I will send a pricer over but lets look at some of your main applications and see if we can get those dialed in.