• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone else disappointed with X5's performance?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Hey all,
Could be me and my work habits but X5 does not seem to run very well under 64bit Win7.
I get slow tool selections.
Random crashes.
Screen refresh and display errors.
Long delays when using the clipboard to copy and paste or drag from one open doc to another.
To see if it was something particular to one file or my pc I saved an X5 file that was giving me fits down to x4 - opened and did the edits I had been trying to do in X5 and all of the issues where gone.

If this had been my first exposure to Draw I would have let the demo time out and moved on to Illy or Xara.
I like Corel a good deal but this version is not usable for me in production right now.
I'm hoping they are in high gear working out the issues it has with 64bit Win7 and we will see a service pack pretty soon.

I have a quad i7 with 9gigs of ram, Win7 & the GeForce drivers all up to date and everything else seems to run pretty good.

wayne k
guam usa

signage

Wayne I do not have X5 but have you gone to Coreldraws forum and posted or read anyhthing about X5? Here's a link to it.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Brian,
I have been lurking over there looking for answers to why x5 is such a pig from the time I first loaded it up.
I was typing this up to post there when I figured I'd see what others here (that use it the same way I do) had to say first.
From reading, there are quite a few beta testers posting that are a little on the defensive side when you bring up the issues with this version.
I have never posted over there, so my first post out of the blue being negative may not go over too well.
Sooner or later I will.

thanks
wayne k
guam usa

signage

Wayne if I was to post my first post on issues I would more than likely post it as a question of possible setting to gain speed/performance! I do know that some people were saying in X4 about slow issues and it was from some text setting issue! Hope they or you get it worked out!

SignManiac

I'm experiencing some of the same problems. One in particular, PhotoPaint's straighten image continues to crash often. Corel Draw, the tools are slow to load. I'll be keeping an eye out for patches.