• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone going to ISA in Orlando in April?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Anyone going that is starting to get a little concerned about travel/lodging/and the Expo itself with this Coronavirus thing going on? There is usually a very strong Chinese manufacturer presence there. I wonder how many companies have backed out. And how many people have decided not to attend at all this year.

Jean Shimp

We registered to attend the exhibition floor. I got an email from the ISA last week saying they were taking appropriate precautions to safeguard the show. We may decide not to go, will wait and see. I am wondering if there will be the usual presence of the vendors from China as there is usually a significant amount. Or is travel from China to the US banned?

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Depends on how many people are going/planning on going. In most parts of Europe now events with over 1000-5000 people are banned (number differs country to country).

If the virus takes hold I’m assuming that number could be dropped further so anything like this will be a no-go.

Lasermike

For what it's worth. I just got a call from one of our Chinese vendors telling me that they were canceling their booth at ISA. On the bright side, I just made hotel reservations with no problem. I imagine that the local hotels are seeing some cancellations.

FloraUSA

Master Distributor of Flora UV Printers in the US
As long as the show isn't canceled we will be there. Should have a 4x8 and a 78" hybrid printer.

Sidney

Anyone going that is starting to get a little concerned about travel/lodging/and the Expo itself with this Coronavirus thing going on? There is usually a very strong Chinese manufacturer presence there. I wonder how many companies have backed out. And how many people have decided not to attend at all this year.
Depends on a few things... scheduling and how many they anticipate with the health concerns out there.

decalman

I wouldn't go even if I was offered a free air ticket and Hotel.
The only reason is.... I cannot afford to get sick.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If my hazmat suit from ebay shows up in time I'll go.
hazmat.jpg

signage

If my hazmat suit from ebay shows up in time I'll go.

I liked this one better not carring all that lead weight around, so we will see if it gets here in time.
upload_2020-3-4_6-2-2.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-4_6-0-30.png
    upload_2020-3-4_6-0-30.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 191
  • hazmat suite.PNG
    hazmat suite.PNG
    87.4 KB · Views: 203

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
It wont be the same without all of the chinese vendors frantically running around trying to keep their crap running.
My money’s on it being a flop this year.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
It wont be the same without all of the chinese vendors frantically running around trying to keep their crap running.
My money’s on it being a flop this year.
KInda what I'm thinking. We are mostly going for our annual corporate convention, the trade show is a side event anyway. So I'll be curious to see how weak it is this year.

FloraUSA

Master Distributor of Flora UV Printers in the US
Below is an email that we recieved today from ISA.

Hello ISA Sign Expo® 2020 Exhibitors,

ISA Sign Expo is the only gathering that brings together the entire sign, graphics and visual communications industry under one roof. With uncertain times, it is natural that rumors begin to swirl. So I wanted to set the record straight:

1. ISA Sign Expo is planning to stage the event and has NO intention of canceling.
  2. Attendee registrations are not only strong, they are up 17% as of this week.
  3. Exhibitors continue to support the industry and will have their products on display.
  4. ISA staff are working with all federal and local agencies to ensure that we have the safest environment possible.
One of the great aspects of the sign industry is our community sticks together and this will be evident when we are in Orlando next month.

Visit www.signexpo.org/coronavirus for the latest information from ISA.

As always thank you for your support and the ISA team cannot wait to keep the industry moving forward in Orlando.

Stay healthy and see you soon!

Brandon

Brandon Hensley, COO
International Sign Association

Ldireprophil

I’m only there to see the American and European vendors, never really stopped at the Chinese booths but that’s just me. ;)

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
We usually skip the ISA show when it's in Orlando. The one in Las Vegas is more fun. And the deals for hotels, air flights and other trip aspects are better. The Orlando area can be a rip off.