• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anyone have a truvis VG3 or versaUV LEC2 ?

petepaz

just dipping our toes in the water for new printers. have 3 rolands now and have had 6 over the years and been happy with all but the truvis VG1 (what a nightmare, long story)
anyway just looking for feed back if anyone has either of these printers
thanks

rjssigns

Don't know anything about Rolands second gen UV roll to roll printers, but the two gen 1's in the lab are no longer in the lab. When they ran they ran well but really slow. Maintenance issues too. Those printers wee geared more towards packaging prototypes not running large projects.

Honestly I would think there are much better options out there.

petepaz

Don't know anything about Rolands second gen UV roll to roll printers, but the two gen 1's in the lab are no longer in the lab. When they ran they ran well but really slow. Maintenance issues too. Those printers wee geared more towards packaging prototypes not running large projects.

Honestly I would think there are much better options out there.
thanks for the input.
we do have an LEJ which i assume is what you have/had and it's been fine. had it's share of issues but over all it owes us nothing. might try replacing it with one of the newer versions that also offers the cutting. we have true flatbeds so don't need the hybrid version any more

Joe House

We just set up our first SG3 that's going to our customer tomorrow. Once I had all the calibrations done on it and sent a test print, I was impressed with the print quality for a 4 color printer. I like the perforated sheet cut feature and the new control panel makes it a lot more user friendly. I didn't get a chance to test the tracking that is supposed to be improved with the newer pinch rollers. From a technician's point of view, they've made it easier to service as well. If you've been happy with Rolands overall, then I think you'll like the VG3.

I also like the LEC2 printers, btw.

Good Luck.

rjssigns

thanks for the input.
we do have an LEJ which i assume is what you have/had and it's been fine. had it's share of issues but over all it owes us nothing. might try replacing it with one of the newer versions that also offers the cutting. we have true flatbeds so don't need the hybrid version any more
Yup, the old green and black rigs. Smelly buggers without the air filter. Interested to see what you end up with and how well it runs.

mr-blue

We just set up our first SG3 that's going to our customer tomorrow. Once I had all the calibrations done on it and sent a test print, I was impressed with the print quality for a 4 color printer. I like the perforated sheet cut feature and the new control panel makes it a lot more user friendly. I didn't get a chance to test the tracking that is supposed to be improved with the newer pinch rollers. From a technician's point of view, they've made it easier to service as well. If you've been happy with Rolands overall, then I think you'll like the VG3.

I also like the LEC2 printers, btw.

Good Luck.
Can you tell us what people doing with the LEC2-Printers? Seems to be a special kind of printers.

garyroy

We have 3 Rolands also, love 'em.
Because we won't need cutting on the next one, I think we'll go for the
VersaExpress RF-640. It's got the width, quite fast, and I think it's based on the old Versa-Art style. No Cutter.
That thing is only $15,000 and sometimes they run a special on it. Take a look at their website.

MatricaShop.hu

We have a lec2-330 but it's only been 2 weeks. The experience so far is that the print is very nice, bright colors, gray is also good and it prints beautifully on everything we have tried so far. The surface of UV printed stickers is special compared to plain ecosolvent printing. And the varnishing is brilliant.

Joe House

Can you tell us what people doing with the LEC2-Printers? Seems to be a special kind of printers.
Most of what I've seen are decals and labels. A lot of wine labels in my area, because of the white capability and gloss/varnish top coating. They are a special kind of printer and most of my UV roll printing customers have had solvent printers already and are expanding their capabilities.

mr-blue

We have a lec2-330 but it's only been 2 weeks. The experience so far is that the print is very nice, bright colors, gray is also good and it prints beautifully on everything we have tried so far. The surface of UV printed stickers is special compared to plain ecosolvent printing. And the varnishing is brilliant.
Hello, which color-configuration you use? Use orange/red or a primer für decals?