• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have trouble contacting Merritt?

J

john1

Hey guys, I need a 9x18' back lit panaflex piece printed for a customer, I have been trying to get a hold of Merritt for about 2 weeks now and no luck.

Everytime i email someone i never hear back and everytime i call the person i need to speak with they are either not available or they tell me to email them which i never hear back then either.

I understand they are a large company and are busy but i wouldn't be suprised if my customer wanting this quote didn't go elsewhere due to me not being able to find out information on some wholesale printing. I am just a tiny fish in the sea wanting a quote but i can never expand my services if i can't find a reliable wholesaler to help with jobs like this.

I should have went with another vendor but i am not aware of anyone that can do material up to 10' wide like Merritt, If there is someone that will get back to my quotes in a timely manner please send me their way.

Thanks in advance!

ChicagoGraphics

I have used this company before and they use to be a merchant member here.

WYLD Grand Format Imaging
1618 East Elizabeth Ave
Linden, NJ 07036

908-587-2995

J

john1

Used these guys before as well, great service and fast turnaround.

Just called all mentioned above, The NJ company WYLD Grand Format Imaging about 3 hours away seemed like the best choice for my business. Shipping was a few hundred cheaper since it wasn't as far and the package would be in a 10' tube making shipping a good bit.

All companies seemed very attentive in answering my questions. Bill at WYLD brought up some things i never thought of such as, double striking the print vs not double striking it for a better color while lit up as well as longevity with the material with and without a liquid over-laminate.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help!

signmeup

It always amuses me when we forgive large companies for slow service because they're "so busy". I think it would be pretty tough to find anyone busier than one person shop owner.

Hey guys, I need a 9x18' back lit panaflex piece printed for a customer, I have been trying to get a hold of Merritt for about 2 weeks now and no luck.

Everytime i email someone i never hear back and everytime i call the person i need to speak with they are either not available or they tell me to email them which i never hear back then either.

I understand they are a large company and are busy but i wouldn't be suprised if my customer wanting this quote didn't go elsewhere due to me not being able to find out information on some wholesale printing. I am just a tiny fish in the sea wanting a quote but i can never expand my services if i can't find a reliable wholesaler to help with jobs like this.

I should have went with another vendor but i am not aware of anyone that can do material up to 10' wide like Merritt, If there is someone that will get back to my quotes in a timely manner please send me their way.

Thanks in advance!

Never seen or heard a request for a quote. Whom did you email? The person yo need to speak with is me. 2 weeks is a long time.

Please let me know so I can fix issue.

As stated many times before please contact me directly or Chris and we will make sure you are taken care of

Mfailla@merrittgraphics.com
Cshaw@merrittgraphics.com

If you choose to go elsewhere I would not blame you in the least.

Just called all mentioned above, The NJ company WYLD Grand Format Imaging about 3 hours away seemed like the best choice for my business. Shipping was a few hundred cheaper since it wasn't as far and the package would be in a 10' tube making shipping a good bit.

All companies seemed very attentive in answering my questions. Bill at WYLD brought up some things i never thought of such as, double striking the print vs not double striking it for a better color while lit up as well as longevity with the material with and without a liquid over-laminate.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help!

Perfect choice for a one off..

Shipping a few hundred cheaper? Just an FYI shipping from us ground to MD. (2day transit) for a 9x19 is only $40.00.

Baz

I had heard Mike saying a few weeks ago they were very busy. I had to place an order with them and was worried about it a little since it was a rush job. Man they performed with flying colors!!! I received my order in a week from ordering it and this was from the US into Canada!

John1 ... Not getting a response from them sure sounds weird.

In case your wondering Mike. My shop is Autograph Signs and i have been dealing with Ruth and Chris. This is my second order and i have nothing but positive things to say about you guys! Just awesome.:thumb:

J

john1

Nick from Merritt JUST called me. Nick has been the biggest help in 2 weeks from Merritt. I got a quote for $1.50 PSF more by a lady from Merritt than what Nick just quoted me.

Shipping i would rather it not be folded as i heard nightmares from creases and all not coming out of Panaflex type material. Nicks getting back to me shortly with a quote for it to come rolled up in a tube.

The person i kept needing to email and speak with was Pat Freer (spelling?)

Thank you everyone, I realized by talking to a few companies that when someone answers the phone and explains different options and things to someone it almost always makes you want to do business with them immediately.

I had heard Mike saying a few weeks ago they were very busy.

Yes production is very busy. We have even added 2 new machines and 4 new people in the past 45 days to handle capacity. Most is Out of Home graphics and large volumes (bus kings, 2 sheets kiosks, shelters, taxi tops and car cards). Lower margin but insane qty's of super easy work.

No how matter how busy the shop is on the floor. It is still no reason for Customer service and/or sales on our end shuffle a client around and not get them to he right person that can offer a quality solution and make the entire "experience" easy, worry free and mutually profitable. I will get all the facts internally and do my best to learn from and dial in the process better...

I have also in many instances referred shops to other shops when we were at capacity so they could get there projects banged out.

Always a working progress to perfection....

HulkSmash

Yes production is very busy. We have even added 2 new machines and 4 new people in the past 45 days to handle capacity. Most is Out of Home graphics and large volumes (bus kings, 2 sheets kiosks, shelters, taxi tops and car cards). Lower margin but insane qty's of super easy work.

No how matter how busy the shop is on the floor. It is still no reason for Customer service and/or sales on our end shuffle a client around and not get them to he right person that can offer a quality solution and make the entire "experience" easy, worry free and mutually profitable. I will get all the facts internally and do my best to learn from and dial in the process better...

I have also in many instances referred shops to other shops when we were at capacity so they could get there projects banged out.

Always a working progress to perfection....

Glad to hear you guys are doing well. Which machines did you end up getting?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Another QS2000 and Another LX800.

Also just added the Fotoba Dreamcut. Awesome xy cutter R2R amazingly fast... Cuts 300 foot rolls in 20 minutes.

Still need more bodies... Anyone want a job??? (no joke)

When can I get a shot in there with my latex paper? I know you have had the machine tied up for a long time and Im just waiting for a shot on it.

all due respect to the OP. Customer service issues with Merritt,I hope have been dealt with? If not you now have point contacts.. I hope this will help.

As far as as our current capabilities as well as medias used or " potential sales on media". Please email me this has nothing to do with OP issues...

My bad for letting out the new stuff purchased and just had installed. Nothing to do with the OP's issue...............................

Still looking to hire... Any one want a job???

Mfailla@merrittgraphics.com

Last edited:
J

john1

Thanks Mike, Nick has been contacting me very good since me making this post. He has been a ton of help.

Thanks!

10sacer

Hate to beat a dead horse, Mike, but i sent you an email on 10/3 to your Merritt account requesting a quote for some Duratrans prints....

parrott

Glad most of you all have had good experiences with Merritt, but we ran into the same issues as the OP. If I am not mistaken, this is not the first thread about poor response time from this company. I am not about to twist somebodies arm to give them business and I am sure they don't need it. I preffer a vendor who is happy to have my business instead of getting pushed aside. Thankfully we have found a closer source that we have been using for the past 2 years without a single hiccup. Just because he has the equipment, doesn't make him the best choice. Just my $.02. Flame away...