• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have trouble contacting Merritt?

Glad most of you all have had good experiences with Merritt, but we ran into the same issues as the OP. If I am not mistaken, this is not the first thread about poor response time from this company. I am not about to twist somebodies arm to give them business and I am sure they don't need it. I preffer a vendor who is happy to have my business instead of getting pushed aside. Thankfully we have found a closer source that we have been using for the past 2 years without a single hiccup. Just because he has the equipment, doesn't make him the best choice. Just my $.02. Flame away...

Pretty simple... Don't like us don't use us. There are plenty of other shops out there.

2 sides to every story. Never claimed to be perfect and yes there are holes from time to time. Always need the feedback both good, bad and ugly.

Everyday is a growing working process of dialing in the "process".

Rest assure We have made many many members on this site tons of profitable revenue flawlessly.... and will continue to do so like us or not.

parrott

It is pretty simple. I don't like you and I am not using you. There ARE two sides to every story and apparently most the problems are on your end. Hints why there have been multiple threads about poor communication. This same old, same old "who did you email, send me a PM, no send me an email, please call me direct" nonsense can only cut it so many times. Just sayin....

royster13

Email is such a bad system......Where possible I try to use the contact forms on a website.....And if the contact form is set up correct, it will have an auto responder to say it has been received....

It is pretty simple. I don't like you and I am not using you. There ARE two sides to every story and apparently most the problems are on your end. Hints why there have been multiple threads about poor communication. This same old, same old "who did you email, send me a PM, no send me an email, please call me direct" nonsense can only cut it so many times. Just sayin....

I am certain the positives that we offer to this community and our partners here well override the negatives.. 100 fold.

So I will focus on positive experiences and I hope you will do the same.
If I did not care about this I would not chime in and work internally to fix the issues.

Business is Business now show me a perfect one... Be about the solution not the problem..

signmeup

:goodpost:
This has been going on for years. If you bothered to fix the problem you would not have to stomp out these embarrassing little fires and you would make more money.

10sacer

If someone is trying to send me work = money - I don't place it on them to get back in touch with me. They made the initial effort to seek me out for their project and it is now my responsibility to get back in touch with them.

If I don't hear from someone i have emailed or called within 24 hours - I go to another vendor. i don't have time to chase down people trying to give them work.

Why is it we always can't please the loud mouths that do not do business with us nor care to and our true long time partners from this community have nothing but good things to say??

You rip me apart and think I give a crap about what you say. Your not putting any money in my pocket or my employees.

I wish we could be perfect just like you guys.

Wanna walk a mile in my shoes and see my world?

You loud mouths have no clue.. Even bad press and publicity is still promotion. I was wonerding about the Signs 101 lull latley and then boom the hating began yesterday and we have like 20 jobs to quote on and put into production or send as a referral to another vendor.

Funny how things work...

Circleville Signs

Why is it we always can't please the loud mouths that do not do business with us nor care to and our true long time partners from this community have nothing but good things to say??

You rip me apart and think I give a crap about what you say. Your not putting any money in my pocket or my employees.

I wish we could be perfect just like you guys.

Wanna walk a mile in my shoes and see my world?

You loud mouths have no clue.. Even bad press and publicity is still promotion. I was wonerding about the Signs 101 lull latley and then boom the hating began yesterday and we have like 20 jobs to quote on and put into production or send as a referral to another vendor.

Funny how things work...

Truth.

I've never used Merritt, mostly because they are on the East Coast, and I'm in Ohio. That being said, I've been referred to them at least 10-12 times from people in this community that I have the utmost respect for.

As a company that does some small scale local wholesale work myself, I understand both sides of the customer service coin. Wholesale work is based on volume. I simply do not have the ability or desire to spend 30-60 minutes of my time emailing back and forth, talking to a customer, etc. for a $100 wholesale job. Our process is very simple. Email or upload a print ready file. We will print it onto whatever specified media you choose. If there are mistakes, color issues, etc., that's on you. (unless of course, it really is an issue that we caused - however, most problems with wholesale work tend to be file issues - caused by the client)

Customers should always be called back - on that issue I fully agree. No one is perfect. If Merritt does 1000 jobs a month, and has 3 or 4 people who are unhappy with them, that still leaves them at a 99.7% satisfaction rate. I'd take that in a heartbeat.

10sacer

I am not taking pot shots at you. I am extremely busy and don't have near the manpower or firepower you have which is why it was imperative to get in touch with a vendor as quickly as possible to ensure getting the order.

I am also just echoing some of the folks on here who have had the same issues getting responses. I am not bad mouthing you because I don't do business with you - I am TRYING to do business with you.

But let's be fair - I have a hard time getting a response from Georgia Printco too, and I know the owners!

ddarlak

Go Bills!
just had a question about a new order, emailed chris - 9 minutes later got answer, artwork on the way, job done on my part except collect check....

lets work on that 9 minutes guys....

GoodPeopleFlags

I contacted Merritt recently to get a quote. It was the first time getting a quote from them because the vendor we usually use, who had been reliable in the past, was really starting to screw up. The guy I talked to was rude and condescending. I didn't even consider placing the order and won't contact them for another one. I'm glad they're so busy they don't need any more customers.

HulkSmash

I contacted Merritt recently to get a quote. It was the first time getting a quote from them because the vendor we usually use, who had been reliable in the past, was really starting to screw up. The guy I talked to was rude and condescending. I didn't even consider placing the order and won't contact them for another one. I'm glad they're so busy they don't need any more customers.

Why not just contact Mike directly?

GoodPeopleFlags

Honestly, I didn't think of it. I went to the Merchant Member list, went to their website and sent an email. I guess the guy that called back is over our area or something? I don't know.