• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Anyone heard of Funsun printers?

Troy Owen

I purchased a Funsun A1 UV printer.
I have not seen one post on this company. The design of the printer seems pretty simple.

I have had some problem or another from the get go.
When I finally had it working the company would not answer my questions anymore.
It uses an Epson DX8 print head.

Aaaaand I am pretty sure I have messed it up.

First overspray, I cleaned the ribbon, heads and it was still happening.
I changed the cartridges today, it was still doing the same thing.
So I cleaned the heads again and now it won't even print Orange.
I did a number of test prints and went back to some I had done last month, the ones from today look very bad.
Anyone ever hear of Funsun?
If so, have any advise?
I think I'm going to have to hire a tech, and get a new ribbon and DX8 print head.
They don't even have a real user manual. I read a few others on-line, they taught me some things.
Expensive screw up...
Hello from Austin
:(

zspace

Premium Subscriber
2 issues to check for with overspray on a flatbed - Head Height and Static. Check to make sure your head height is properly set. A lot of operators will adjust the height up protect against bent corners, etc.

We are in Houston, TX and had to install static bars on our flatbeds. Low humidity in a climate controlled space plus cool temperatures create a lot of static on our plastics. For static control without buying a static bar you can try humidifying the room. Wiping material with a weak alcohol solution may also help.

As for the other problems - find an independent tech that can work through the issues. Sounds like you will need them for long term support anyway.

Troy Owen

Thank you, I really appreciate the info. I called a tech, they won't work on it due to being an unknown brand.
However, he said the same thing.

It seems the ink isn't being sucked into the cartridges. I am going to have to find a way to connect a syringe to the hose and get it flowing in order to be sucked into the cartridge.
It looks like I am going to be an expert on this type of machine in a few months.

Oh well, it may save me money in time.

Thanks again!

WildWestDesigns

My advice : Stay away from chinese products especially printers, plotters, CNC, engravers... Buy only recognized and known brands.

This isn't totally true. If you want cheap and get cheap, that's one thing, but you can get good quality, but it'll still cost. I would speculate that quite a few gravitate to Chinese made goods looking for a bargain (except for those that buy Apple and Apple like products that are also manufactured in China) and you get what you pay for.

I can still find crap products that are made by well known companies as well due to the price range that I was looking at.

I would suggest though if going with a Chinese product of this type, go with a distributor here (that you know and trust) that is well familiar with dealing with Chinese companies and their products. That helps in a lot of ways compared to going direct. I would also tend to stick with products that you can see at the bigger shows here as that tends to make me think that they are readily available here already, which (at least mentally) can help out in other areas as well.

Troy Owen

yes, but it was 6+ months ago. I've had it for about 4 months now.
I was just getting to get used to it before the shadows...

I do believe I am stuck with it. Never trust Alibaba and their "money back guarantee". Paid 350 for that. Gotta read the fine print.
And it would not have helped.

I did get it back to the same state as it was. (At least)
Hoping to pay someone 200 bucks an hour to troubleshoot the DX8 head.
I tried everything suggested about the static.
No bueno.
Still have the superfine overspray on 3 sides of every print.

So, I need them to tell me if it is the cartridges,(as the very incomplete manual says) or did I mess up the head in my learning.
I just hope they will take a look, another place said they won't work on printers they do not know of.

I seem to be a blind man trying to find out what an Elephant is...

player

Call your credit card company. They may be able to either refund you or put pressure on the Asians that seem to have sold you a very expensive boat anchor.

jpescobar

The chinese manufacturers don't care if you're satisified with your purchase or not. They don't care if their products will last weeks or months before the troubleshoots appear. All they care is that you buy their products, they stack their pockets and you can complain to the world about their scrap !

WildWestDesigns

The chinese manufacturers don't care if you're satisified with your purchase or not. They don't care if their products will last weeks or months before the troubleshoots appear.

I've seen this behavior with them and I've seen it with more known brands as well. To think that it is exclusive to one group or you may not encounter it if you get from a well known brand is almost xenophobic.

The odds are much greater that it will happen with an unknown (especially if trying to be more economic (I'm trying to be generous here) in "your" purchase without being educated all the way around of what a purchase like this may entail and this is what typically draws people to Chinese products, the economics of the purchase), but in of itself it doesn't mean that it is only that way that things will happen from one specific demographic.

And this is coming from someone that does have a piece of Chinese machinery (not from Alibaba though) and been extremely happy with it (that's not going to be everyone's experience, but not everyone's experience is going to be negative either).

I equate a scenario like this like a person that gets a CNC kit ( made up of parts made anywhere, not specifically thinking Chinese) and expecting the same level of support/warranty etc as if they got a MultiCam. Just doesn't work that way. Some have great support, some not so great, chance one takes when doing a purchase like that. It still may be a very good purchase, just may also require more from the buyer as well.

Troy Owen

I did a lot of homework on what I wanted in a printer.
Most of the ones I looked at in the US were kinda specialized.
You could rarely print the same objects. (Almost anything I can put in...)
And the two I saw in the US that would print on almost anything I can stick in there cost 3 times as much as this one.
Even if I have to buy new heads, get someone to come by and give me a crash course in the details, I still come out
way ahead. In a small way, I should be happy I'm getting this out of the way now, while I have time to do so.

Although I was quite nieve about techs that could assist in fixing any problems. That was my big error.
No one will touch it.
And they charge 200 bucks an hour!!

The things I really like about the design of this one is it gives you a wide range of placing things for print.
It's a rather simple design, I can print things a foot high before the heads got funky it was doing very well.
If they had a really good operator and service manual, I would be just fine.

But now I have to learn about things the hard way.

WildWestDesigns

Although I was quite nieve about techs that could assist in fixing any problems. That was my big error.
No one will touch it.
And they charge 200 bucks an hour!!

There is a reason why a lot of people on this very board will say that this is the #1 thing to consider when buying new equipment, no matter who makes it. But who has the closest tech to you.

This is the biggest valid concern with getting foreign made goods. My suggestion is usually getting it thru someone in the US that you already established trust (preferable through your other purchases, but at least through a source that you trust as well).

Going to the bigger shows and seeing what Chinese printers are already there, may help with at least their being a tech that could work on it. Not always the case, but at least it may help mitigate that worry. If the tech thing doesn't work out, I go with how "hackable" is the product (which is what I was looking for on that one Chinese product that I do have and as such, I can also improve the overall quality where desired if I want).

All of this is moot after the fact, but it may help in the future.

biggest scrap we ever have bought. The quality is very low, the machine worked one hour, after this completely damaged. We ordered spare parts for about 700 USD, replaced all, invested about 40 hours of work - it is not possible the machine to bring to work. The support by whats app is not bad, but they think we are gamers and have nothing to do than to try 100 versions how to repair the printer. About warranty, they forgot all. The people in service are avatars, to claims they answer with "my dear friend", but nothing happens. The worst supplier we ever had!

Yeahgor

Born to be The Designer.
biggest scrap we ever have bought. The quality is very low, the machine worked one hour, after this completely damaged. We ordered spare parts for about 700 USD, replaced all, invested about 40 hours of work - it is not possible the machine to bring to work. The support by whats app is not bad, but they think we are gamers and have nothing to do than to try 100 versions how to repair the printer. About warranty, they forgot all. The people in service are avatars, to claims they answer with "my dear friend", but nothing happens. The worst supplier we ever had!
AGREE 100%

I purchased a Funsun A1 UV printer.
I have not seen one post on this company. The design of the printer seems pretty simple.

I have had some problem or another from the get go.
When I finally had it working the company would not answer my questions anymore.
It uses an Epson DX8 print head.

Aaaaand I am pretty sure I have messed it up.

First overspray, I cleaned the ribbon, heads and it was still happening.
I changed the cartridges today, it was still doing the same thing.
So I cleaned the heads again and now it won't even print Orange.
I did a number of test prints and went back to some I had done last month, the ones from today look very bad.
Anyone ever hear of Funsun?
If so, have any advise?
I think I'm going to have to hire a tech, and get a new ribbon and DX8 print head.
They don't even have a real user manual. I read a few others on-line, they taught me some things.
Expensive screw up...
Hello from Austin
:(
How your story is ending? Do their customer service helps you?