• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone know a source for these?

CES020

A while back we were asked to replicate a sign like this for a different property. We used PVC and fabricated the piece at the bottom. They had sent photos with dimensions, etc, so it wasn't too bad to fabricate and paint. When we installed the project, we saw one of them that had been there for a while and went over and took a look at it and it was molded, hard plastic, 2 pieces. The post is aluminum, no issues there, the bottom part is 2 pieces, the taller part that's about 10"-12" tall, and then the skirt around the bottom. The skirt is about 3/8" thick, it has a large square hole in it and it just slides over the square piece and drops to the ground.

It's probably about a $15 item somewhere. We've been asked to quote a number of them now and I'd sure like to find that bottom 2 piece section. It fits over a 4" x 4" post. We've run out of places to look. None of our fence supplier sources have a clue who makes it or where to get it.

Any ideas?

Just to recap, it's for a 4" aluminum post, the bottom 2 pieces just slide over the post and float on top of the ground. One's a sleeve, one's a foot piece. The foot piece is about 12"-13" sq., while the sleeve is about 5" sq.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-19 at 9.34.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-19 at 9.34.53 AM.png
    541 KB · Views: 105

CES020

Thanks Guys! I didn't see them on any of the sites listed.

I see very decorative pieces, but nothing with just the bevel on the top, and I don't see the bottom piece at any of the sites. I have the posts, I just need the plastic pieces.

Maybe they are on the sites listed, but I can't find them. I might just be looking in the wrong places. It's been a loooooooonnnnnnngggggggggg week.

Billct2

I use the 4ever, I guess you could add the bottom plate yourself easily enough.
Before we used to make our own out of1/2" PVC, with just a bevel or bullnose, maybe that's what these are.

CES020

Thanks, I've tried Home Depot, Lowes, and about 10 suppliers that I can think of. It's all just molded plastic. We can make the bottom piece, but I can't find either piece. I think if we find the match for 1, we'll find the other piece.

It's for an existing community that already has a number of them installed, so we can't change it up. It's got to be out there. Next step is going to be to take a drive to the job site and slide one of the bases up 2 feet and see if it's imprinted in the plastic anywhere on the bottom side.