• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone know the difference between CoCUT Pro X4 and Greatcut?

Cutter-Up

I tried the 30 day free trial of CoCUT Pro X4. It looks the same as GCC's cutting software Greatcut. Does anyone know if there is any difference between the two? Are their just more drivers available for the Pro version?
Thinking about buying a GCC Jaguar and curious to know what the included (Greatcut) software is.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
No direct knowledge but an educated guess would be that it is probably a private label version of CoCut ... not CoCut Pro, and probably only has a limited set of drivers.

Techman

cocut standard

CoCut Standard - Skin
Plot Manager
Test Drive
Duplicate, position, scale objects
Cut by color
Sophisticated segmenting of XL plots
Cut preview on foil width
Cut parameter selectable (material, speed, number of copies)
Material consumption display
Vinyl optimization

Cocut Pro (which I use)

<%>
Cutting Software - CoCut Professional
Professional cut plug-in
for Corel DRAW,
Illustrator, Freehand, AutoCAD

CoCut Professional - Cutting Software

Recommended for:

- professional signmaker
- screen printers
- textile signage
- multi user solutions

CoCut Professional - Request 30 days trial
New in Release 4X4:

* Autoimport plug-ins for CorelDRAW X4/X5, Illustrator CS3/CS4 and AutoCAD 2008/2009/2010
* PDF import filter
* Job-Info
* 'Adjust objects' tool
* Drivers for SummaCut-R series, Roland GX series, a. o.

Product info

Do you want the best sign making solution that money can buy? Look no further than CoCut Pro. It adds high-end sign making features for color printing and fully automates the print-and-cut process with advanced support for Summa's revolutionary OPOS contour cutting system and other producer's alignment systems.

But CoCut Pro and CorelDRAW are more than just the ideal print-and-cut solution. Three different Welding options make all clipart files instantly vinyl-ready, so you'll never pay for over-priced sign making clipart. And Inline/Outline contouring creates cutting paths around vector illustrations or bitmap images with unparalleled speed and efficiency. CoCut Pro, when paired with the incredible power of CorelDRAW, easily outperforms anything else on the market - including sign making programs costing thousands more. This functionality is either given with Illustrator, Freehand and AutoCAD.

CoCut Professional 4X4 Highlights:
CoCut Professional - Skin
Plot Manager
Visual Job Manager
Contains all functions of CoCut standard
Move, scale, duplicate, clone objects, ...
Converts pencil thickness into cuttable outlines automatically
Jog marks function
Register marks with „Print & Cut” Support
Automatic color & screen print welding
Drag & Drop (with CorelDRAW)
Screen print function
Segmentation of oversized plots
Cut preview
Displays material consumption
Foil optimization
POWERweedTM
FOTOcutTM

Great Cut

# GreatCut Highlights:
# MultiSkin
# Plot Manager
# Visual Job Manager
# Move, scale, duplicate, clone objects, ...
# Converts pencil thickness into cuttable outlines automatically
# Automatic color & screen print welding
# Screen print function
# Cut parameter selectable (material, speed, number of copies)
# Jog marks function
# Register marks with „Print & Cut” Support
# Drag & Drop (with CorelDRAW)
# Segmentation of oversized plots
# Cut preview
# Displays material consumption
# Foil optimization
# POWERweedTM
# FOTOcutTM

IT almost says the same thing about each other..

So it looks like Graet cut is a rebranded version of Cocut Pro.. If it is you will love it to no end..

Cutter-Up

So it looks like Great cut is a rebranded version of Cocut Pro.. If it is you will love it to no end..
Wow, that's a lot of great info Techman,
Thanks to all for your reply's.
That really helps me make my decision. I press transfer film on t-shirts and bought all the right equipment, but skimped on one thing, the cutter. Last year I bought a USCutter Laserpoint 24. It's ok for small jobs, but is far from a professional cutter. I use Illustrator with Signcut Pro on a usb connection, and it has intermittent communication issues. Hoping the Jaguar and Greatcut will solve it.
Great forum, thanks again. :thankyou: