• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone know what Grimco charges for service calls?

Dan Berg

Have a post below about my Seal 62 Base being out of commission due to a bad safety sensor which locks out the laminator from working (It does work in snail mode)
Have a call in to Grimco and awaiting there return call. Would prefer to pay someone on the side that is in se Pa. and could work on this for me.
Would consider putting the jumper across to bypass the sensor but fixing it properly is probably advisable.

Dan Berg

Who did you order from, what did a sensor cost. Neither of mine are showing the red dot so it is possible they are both bad?

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
Scott is The Man. email or call me directly and I'll give you his number. Nothing against Grimco, but you want someone who knows or has been trained to service Seal units. He lives in Connecticut so he can't be too far. Mark@HascoGraphics.com

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
WdF eyes for our drytac were less than $100, with tails and diy instructions.

That from Grimco or Seal (in the market for a new laminator...)

JamesLam

I think they are gouging you.

Seal doesn't make the sensors, these parts are off of the shelf. If you can get the part number off of the sensor you can usually find them quite easily. Depending upon the model these might be used, new old stock or the manufacturer has provided an updated replacement.

Ask around for local guys in your areas that buy and sell used laminators, wide format printers, etc. and they may know someone.

Dan Berg

WdF eyes for our drytac were less than $100, with tails and diy instructions.

That from Grimco or Seal (in the market for a new laminator...)
No I have 2. Someone wants to buy this one but unless I can find cheaper parts I am just going to do the jumper wire.

netsol

you would be opening yourself up to a lawsuit, especially now that you discussed it on the internet
we are a very litigious society

phototec

If I do the jumper I will keep it as it says above. It is only me here.
I don't know the answer, however I recently purchased a used Seal 62 Base laminator and it will not run, I was told that there should have been a plastic pouch on the inside of the left or right removable panel with the wiring diagram in the pouch. Does your Seal 62 Base laminator have the wiring diagram in the pouch? If I can get a copy of the wiring diagram, I could figure out how to disconnect the red dot laser sensor that is keeping the laminator from working. Thanks

netsol

those of us that have had the experience of taking someone to the hospital with severed fingers in a cup of ice, would suggest that, IN THIS ONE CASE, you spend the money and get it fixed properly. (you know i am very cheap and this doesn't come easily to me)

IN MY YOUNGER DAYS, i scoffed at safety devices, but, i do remember, in the 1970's being THE ONLY ONE who left a large manufacturing company with a full set of 10 fingers. (i thought i was smarter than the others, but, probably just lucky)