• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone know what material this is

intense_design

Does anyone have any idea what kind of plastic this is. It’s 1/16” thick. Is very bendable and easy to clean

Attachments

• 4B8888D1-D630-41B2-BAF6-E1CA87B94CE5.jpeg
    4B8888D1-D630-41B2-BAF6-E1CA87B94CE5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 277

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
He said it's 1/16" thick and you all are saying it's .030? or .040? MMMM....no, it would be .060 if it's 1/16" thick. Even grabbing a calculator would tell you that.

• Agree
Reactions: 2B
He said it's 1/16" thick and you all are saying it's .030? or .040? MMMM....no, it would be .060 if it's 1/16" thick. Even grabbing a calculator would tell you that.

Actually, the correct conversion is .0625", so a calculator won't tell you that. ;)

I thought that he may have been just estimating the thickness because from my experience, as we have supplied thousands of these for a local seed dealer, they are .040" thick, at least in our situation. That's not to say that you couldn't use thicker material and Asgrow very well might, but I'd be willing to bet if he put a caliper on them they are actually .040". Then again, maybe not. Either way, he will be able to figure it out. I don't know why someone else commented that it looks like .030" because there's no way you can tell that from the photo. My speculation is based solely on my own personal experience.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
u need to math more... 2mm is bigger than 1/16...

Correct, it is more than 1/16", but I don't get your point....no one mentioned 2mm.

And yes, 1/16" is .0625", but since they don't MAKE a .0625" thick styrene, it would be .060 styrene.