• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone need carriage cable guides for their old Roland SP 540V?

signmeup

I needed new ones or my printer was dead. These are the plastic strips that go on each side of the carriage cable that goes back and forth with the printhead. I couldn't find these anywhere so I made my own out of mylar on my laser cutter. Seem to be working just fine. Saved my printer from the scrapyard! The old warhorse still works great after all these years.

I'm not sure if I'm just not good at finding things or if these are truly unavailable... but I am willing to make more if anyone needs a set. I think 40 bucks US a pair would be reasonable. Not sure about shipping. Let's worry about that if anyone wants any...

Adrian

signmeup

Pics? It's a cutting strip guide... not terribly photogenic. Here are some pics anyway. One shows a short section where I was making sure the notches and holes lined up perfectly. Another shows the two strips with the cable in between. They are white where the originals are clear.

Am I correct that they are unobtanium for the most part?

Adrian

Attachments

• Docs and cutting strip 009.JPG
    Docs and cutting strip 009.JPG
    211.9 KB · Views: 70
  • Docs and cutting strip 010.JPG
    Docs and cutting strip 010.JPG
    200.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Docs and cutting strip 011.JPG
    Docs and cutting strip 011.JPG
    193.9 KB · Views: 57

garyroy

TY, I have 3 Rolands and wanted to see the part you were referring to.
You're right, the old war horses do still work great ($$$$).