• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone Printing LG Film???

splizaat

Hey guys....I got a roll of LG film a couple months ago and finally got around to using it -- I AM IN LOVE!

This stuff (LD3810M) prints amazing, nice and thick, and NO SHRINK during print/cut so even on our little machine the stickers are cut spot on, on 60" long prints.

Since I only have limited knowledge on LG, is anyone else using it? and I correct in assuming LD3810M is more for promotional stickers (closer to 3164) than outdoor signage? Which of their lines would work best with outdoor flat signage (close to 3165)?

Someone give me some insight..I don't know how this stuff handles long term but it print/cuts like a dream!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
As far as I know LG pulled out of the US although I think a couple of distributors might be importing it or have some old stock left. I know the sample we tried a couple of years ago was not impressive. Might have been a different film though.

J

john1

Wasn't a fan of their cut vinyl i tried a while back and a good thing because they no longer sell to the US for some reason.

splizaat

ahh - I'll continue doing research on this before I make any kind of move. We are VERY happy with current supplier, but for the price of the LD3810 and how it hardly shrunk (heaters 102/112) between print/cut, it seemed like a good choice for promotional cheap handout stickers for customers...so far.

Last thing I'd want is ten phone calls saying the sign is messed up. Maybe we'll run 3810 for promo stickers and stick to our usual on outdoor signs, etc.

I ALSO heard LG was getting out of the market from my local supplier, which is why I'm eager to buy any last rolls there are before it's too late...

J

john1

For cheap promo stickers i use General Formulations 201 matte or 203 gloss. Been doing so for years and i love it. Never had ANY vinyls shrink up right on the heaters and i have tried 3M IJ35 and Oracal 3651 also.

Grimco sells the 201 and 203 under their BriteLine house brand. The last 3 numbers have 201 or 203 in them.

You don't happen to do a drum companies stickers out there in Beaverton do ya? I think there's a sick company in your neighborhood.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I bought the last of our suppliers rolls here; they clearanced it when LG pulled out of the US. I love it for the price I paid for it per roll, but otherwise it's junk imo. I only use it for SHORT term signage, like yard signs. Even then I'm not too happy with the print quality.

My installer wanted to do some buggy panels for a friend & wanted it as cheap as possible, so I asked him if he wanted to try the LG material since the panels are mostly flat (a couple pop rivets & a bend or two), and he came back cursing the material...

splizaat

Just got this from LG Directly...

Matt, LG is not pulling out of the US market.
LG Hausys is only continuing direct container orders and customers are getting confused with us getting out from the market.
We still have customers placing direct container orders and this is the only way in getting LG vinyls/films.

Unfortunately, we do not have sample rolls to give out.

Thank you

Julia Kim

Typestries

Ask glantz about their house medias beeline or whatever.....a good bit of them are private label LG. Beats buying a container load.