• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone seeing a slowdown due to coronavirus?

TimToad

Don't let political bias cloud your critical thinking skills. The fact that one half of our elected officials were too busy with impeachment to deal with the coronavirus is quite telling.

I don't have a dog in this fight per se. I'm just trying engage in a rational fact based dialogue.

Please point out what "facts" I'm ignoring that are relevant to the discussion or placing the appropriate demand for accountability where it deserves to be placed.

Bias clouding my critical thinking skills? I'd wipe your own glasses clean my friend. Even TODAY in the midst of the emergency, the legislative branch is doing what it is EMPOWERED to do, create, debate and pass legislative solutions to problems.

I'm simply responding with facts to the HIGHLY biased timeline you posted that somehow OMITTED the actions taken by the Executive Branch, who holds the primary responsibility for disaster/emergency response.

You and others can attack anyone who posts something that contradicts a particular ideological perspective, but it doesn't change the facts on the ground.

TimToad

Oh brother.......... Now whose bias is really showing. Not bad for a guy without a dog in this hunt and accusing others of holding a political bias. Nice try.

Add one to the hypocrite pile.

Last time I checked, only Jared Kushner's brother is a partner in a healthcare company poised to be awarded contracts related to this emergency.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:roflmao: hahahahahaaaa......but your twisted facts magically do ?? You actually believe this crap you're posting, huh ?? What a doofus..........................

You just wanna argue, but you don't listen to the garbage you spew out, do you ?? Whatever wanders through those empty chambers up there..... Uh-oh, be careful, you might find a gummy bear in those vacant caverns squeezing the charmin......... Heyyyyy..... mr whipple

Johnny Best

Hey Toad, Trump wanted everyone to wash their hands to stay healthy. So with your mindset, don't listen to that advice.

signage

Everything is going to be cancelled in the US for the foreseeable future.

Ladies and gentlemen, the year 2020 has been officially cancelled.

TimToad

That a great idea, to stop this political BS that is putting lives at risk.

The number of cases just grew by 1,000 in about 24 hours. Estimates of those infected are running in the 2-2.5 MILLION by the time it peaks.

What exactly about THAT kind of health catastrophe is political BS?

rossmosh

My honest opinion at the moment is, as small business people, we should not figure out what divides us in regards to politics but what brings us together.

The reality is, businesses like ours are actively getting screwed. We aren't getting lobbied for or protected. At best, we'll get SBA loans offered (which isn't even a possibility in my state for some reason). We need to start focusing on getting politicians from both sides of the aisle not to forget we exist.

I will say, days like this makes me wish I worked out of my home. Fixed costs are a killer in this situation.

dypinc

When is the last time you've seen practically the entire economy go into shutdown phase over car accidents, heart disease or any of the other red herring arguments you're trying to make?

Ever see two cars that aren't moving cause a fatal wreck?

In case the pandemic last longer than expected, & to plan ahead to avoid gatherings, Trump has canceled the November
Presidential elections. :)

The number of cases just grew by 1,000 in about 24 hours. Estimates of those infected are running in the 2-2.5 MILLION by the time it peaks.

What exactly about THAT kind of health catastrophe is political BS?

I always wondered if you could comprehend what you are posting. Now I wonder no more.

TimToad

I always wondered if you could comprehend what you are posting. Now I wonder no more.

Whatever. While you fixate on criticizing others posting facts and the reality of how serious this is, many of us are taking all this information to heart and protecting ourselves and our loved ones.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Whatever. While you fixate on criticizing others posting facts and the reality of how serious this is, many of us are taking all this information to heart and protecting ourselves and our loved ones.

I’m simply only protecting me and my ivory tower made of toilet paper!

TimToad

Second that. Times call for some adult behavior instead of 'he started it! ' like you would hear from children on the playground.

You mean like when the current president blamed the previous president for his own failures to take this seriously as well as keep the CDC pandemic response team intact instead of getting rid of it in 2018?

Stacey K

I like making signs
Just put a limit on all social events of 10 or more in WI. There goes our banners for events. I do a lot of apparel for bars...all closed as of 5pm today. Not to mention I have a house payment and a mortgage for my rental and one renter works at a hotel. NICE. Dollar General is hiring, I may need a part time job stocking shelves...

I really do believe that we have never been equipped to deal with something like this.There's a lot of catch up to do. It's a big wake up call for all government agencies, businesses and people in general. Hopefully in the future we have a better grasp on a plan if this happens again. I was ready in my personal life but not with business or my rental situation. Time to learn from this for next time, because it WILL happen again.

I wanted some green beer tonight. I guess THAT won't happen now. Lesson of the day: have green food coloring just in case a virus comes and ruins St. Patricks Day - said NO ONE EVER

TimToad

Just put a limit on all social events of 10 or more in WI. There goes our banners for events. I do a lot of apparel for bars...all closed as of 5pm today. Not to mention I have a house payment and a mortgage for my rental and one renter works at a hotel. NICE. Dollar General is hiring, I may need a part time job stocking shelves...

I really do believe that we have never been equipped to deal with something like this.There's a lot of catch up to do. It's a big wake up call for all government agencies, businesses and people in general. Hopefully in the future we have a better grasp on a plan if this happens again. I was ready in my personal life but not with business or my rental situation. Time to learn from this for next time, because it WILL happen again.

I wanted some green beer tonight. I guess THAT won't happen now. Lesson of the day: have green food coloring just in case a virus comes and ruins St. Patricks Day - said NO ONE EVER

Actually, we HAD learned from the many previous outbreaks of infectious diseases and viruses that have found their way here and abroad where the CDC is highly regarded as an indispensable partner in fighting them.

Until a few months ago when the cray at the top took over our official responses, the world looked to us to lead the way.

Despite the false claims being perpetrated about previous responses to the H1N1 and other outbreaks, we've actually done a better than average job of limiting the lethality and devastation of these types of viruses. That is until this one. Only luck will save this from going down as a massive fail by those in the White House managing this.