• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone tried hypnosis...?

CheapVehicleWrap

The hardest thing for me wasn't the withdrawl it was the "habit" of lighting one up. Especially "once in the car" or "after a meal". But that takes time. The best thing is to stick with it.

• Don't buy any!
• Don't bum any!
• Don't think that it would be good to have one!
• Just having one here or there is not helping your cause at ALL!
• JUST QUIT THE DAMN THINGS!

It's as simple as that .........

The laser is like a non invasive acupuncture. It releases endorphins over a period of time. I was AMAZED that the habit of lighting one up was gone! No fumbling hand... NOTHING. Now, it all depends on the education of the laser operator. Look at chiropractors. mine got into it because his wife did it for weight loss. She told him you're going to think it's the most boring thing in the world. He doesn't do it for the quick $300 an hour, but because of the high success rate.

WrapperX

Addiction is the result of a weak will and a weak mind - I don't doubt that the body begins to think that it needs something but it is proven that it does not. So the fault then lies with the mind. The body does nothing with out the direction of the mind. No one is saying that it isn't hard to simply not do it. But it is as simple as making the decision to not do it. This is where the state of a persons will power comes into play - As a person you make the choice not to do something - it is up to the will of the person to make that happen - above and against all adverses.

d fleming

My wife just quit after almost 30 years, something about blood clots and coumadin that just motivated the hell out of her to finally do it. The nurse at the emergency room where we took her from the doctors office for treatment gave her a nicotine patch. Once we got her home, she used not quite all of a box of patches I bought her to help. It did. She's been a non-smoker for 4 months now. She gets another veinous doppler test in August to see what kind of progress we are making on dissolving the clot. I quit over 25 years ago after watching my cousin die from lung cancer the day before his 33rd birthday. All the motivation I needed to do it cold turkey. If you truly want to quit, you can. And you should.

GoodPeopleFlags

I'm not sure that's true. I believe some things, like alcohol, are physically addictive and your body does become dependent on it. I'm not sure about nicotine and it doesn't even matter. Addiction to anything is hard to kick, no matter if you're weak or strong. I'm not going to defend that any more. I started this to see if anyone had tried hypnosis for smoking and what the results were, and to maybe find some alternatives to helping quit. If anyone else wants to say "Just don't do it!", please find something more productive to do with your time instead.

HulkSmash

If anyone else wants to say "Just don't do it!", please find something more productive to do with your time instead.

That's kinda dumb. There are people here who had experienced it, and says it don't work and they're telling you to save your money. You're asking if you should try it. "Don't do it" is a logical answer to the OP. Hypnosis is silly, a scam, and a WASTE of money.

I believe that addictive personalities will always be addicted to something. If you are addicted to something harmful, like cigarettes in this case, find something positive to replace that addiction.

signmeup

I'm not sure that's true. I believe some things, like alcohol, are physically addictive and your body does become dependent on it. I'm not sure about nicotine and it doesn't even matter. Addiction to anything is hard to kick, no matter if you're weak or strong. I'm not going to defend that any more. I started this to see if anyone had tried hypnosis for smoking and what the results were, and to maybe find some alternatives to helping quit. If anyone else wants to say "Just don't do it!", please find something more productive to do with your time instead.
Seriously... if you don't want to smoke, just stop. You are being fooled by the multi billion dollar "quit smoking" industry. I quit smoking by not smoking anymore. Not smoking is easier than smoking. If you really want to quit it's as simple as that. Don't waste your time and money on voodoo "cures". Show a little backbone, quit being a wuss and just stop doing it.

signmeup

Addiction is the result of a weak will and a weak mind - I don't doubt that the body begins to think that it needs something but it is proven that it does not. So the fault then lies with the mind. The body does nothing with out the direction of the mind. No one is saying that it isn't hard to simply not do it. But it is as simple as making the decision to not do it. This is where the state of a persons will power comes into play - As a person you make the choice not to do something - it is up to the will of the person to make that happen - above and against all adverses.
+1

WrapperX

This thread has gone on and on about ways to stop smoking that aren't going to cost you money. Why spend money when you don't have to - I guess as a smoker you are already doing that by buying the ciggerettes BUT it sounds like you want to quit so why are you so set on Hypnosis? You sound reasonable enough and you clearly have a good enough reason to stop so what more do you need?

d fleming

Seriously, try the patches, not expensive and they will help with cravings. All that is left is to break the habit of lighting up. Get some hard candy or something to help as well. My wife tried for years to quit unsuccessfully before the doc scared her and got her on a more determined path. There's no getting over death.

Mike F

Last edited:

CanuckSigns

Seriously, try the book, it's $10 and it makes you think about why you smoke in a whole new way, once you see the con that has been played on you, you will never want to light up again!

If you have the mindset of wanting to quit, you are on the right track, now you just need some help to push you over the finish line! you can do it!

WrapperX

See now this crap I don't agree with. I'm really getting sick of the government telling me what I can and can not put in my body. Put out the information, make it available for everyone to read - that's fine. But it's not like people don't know the affects. There isn't a human out there that doesn't know that cigerettes are not good for you. My question is this -how is it LEGAL to force companies to brand their products with images like this? What happened to the freedom to do what we wanted to ourselves. It's bad enough that they are limiting the areas that people can smoke - ie: in Public buildings, parkways, entire states - it's bullsh*t and they know it. Land of the Free my ass...