• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone use a Tablet Computer?

Doyle

I have been looking at these things for months now and I think I might buy one. I once had a gateway tablet, but returned it because I had problems with it after a week or so. But I have been looking at the Montion Computing tablets HERE. They seem like the perfect solution for note taking. Currently, I have a notebook that I carry around to all of my surveys, meetings, etc. and end up with a pile of notebooks that I search through all the time to find what I need. The tablet pcs have Windows Tablet edition with OneNote and after trying it out, seems like the perfect way to organize hundreds of pages of notes for quick access and seraching.

Just wondering if anyone else uses one of these or know of an alternative? Thanks!

gresults

I just ordered a new gateway.. with the 14.1 inch screen, you might check out gotabemobile.com alot of inof there..

SignManiac

I have the Gateway. It works ok with writing but I'm not sure if I like drawing with it in corel. I tend to use hot keys alot and its not as easy with the tablet pc's.

Doyle

The gateway that I bought was junk. After a day or two the sensitivity of the screen went haywire and the pen would not work on the screen anymore, even after making adjustments, etc. Wont buy another one. I won't be using it for drawing at all, just take and organize notes.

gresults

Not sure which model gateway you have but there new tablets have went to wacom tablets.. so they are much improved over the old versions which from what I hear where as you described, there newer models have been getting much better reviews.

jeph4e

Had a motion computing. It was awesome and had a great time work.

If had to give up my Mac I'd get another. Motion computing is the best

eforer

The wacom cintiq sp? are amazing, I tried one but couldn't justify/afford to spring for it.