• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone use ASI for Promotional stuff.

showcase 66

Just got off the phone with a sales rep from ASI (advertising Specialty Institute).

Just curious if anyone uses them for finding certain vendors for their products. In way it sounds like a great deal but is it to good to be true.

Curious on your thoughts.

Thanks
BJ

JERHEMI

What is the "great deal" if you don't mind me asking? I've been thinking about joining ASI as well, but I haven't pulled the trigger.

showcase 66

Maybe "great" is not the best of terms since I dont have anything in front of me to go off of, but from how it was explained to me it seems like it can help alot. Having all of the products in a book form with my info on it makes it easier for customers to browse through. The program the way I understand it, gives you alot of info on how the best way to promote certain products as well. This could be a good thing. Also if you dont like it after a month you cancel it.

Biker Scout

We use them and are considering becoming a supplier. It is a great deal. Lots of money to be made though them and by them.

royster13

ASI has some of the best sales people you will ever meet.......In this economy I bet you there are not more than a handful of suppliers that would turn you away if you do not have an ASI#.....All you need is a CC#....But those "sharp" sales folks will certainly try to convince you otherwise....

So much better to join www.distributorcentral.com for free and save your money.....Also, you can sign up for a UPIC number at www.theupic.com and/or at www.promocorner.com and you will get their magazine each month and an annual directory in the fall....All free.....

JERHEMI

ASI has a thing going on for the first year is $349, however what is the cost after that year? Royster13 seems to have the hot ticket! Sounds interesting!

njshorts

Used to have ASI and PPAI memberships... cancelled both, neither was worth it. Been doing fine without em and a fatter wallet, it's been almost 7 years.

Farmboy

Offering pro mo products is great if you have the time to sit and plow through the companies and what they offer. Then getting someone to actually respond when your ready to place an order. I've just started offering these products and find it to be very time consuming. I realize I've just started and it's like anything else, you get out what you put in. Just feels like I'm putting in way more than I'm getting back. I'm sure if you can find a few good dealers to work with and do regular business with them you can get the same pricing.

Edserv

Joined ASI our first year in business, found most of the suppliers awesome. Just also got "overwhelmed" and decided to focus on our main core of business. Just like anything else, if you have the time and attention to get "good at it," I know for a fact it can be awesome. We don't do many ad specialty quotes or orders any more.

postnetnc133

Was signed up with ASI for 3 yrs found it wasnt worth the money. It was great to find hard to find items or pull pricing on a product from many suppliers at once but the extra cost a month wasnt worth it. I went with distributorcentral because it is free and many vendors I came across in ASI are also in DC. It doesnt have as many vendors or products but free is free. I also found once you get set up with a vendor most times I was using those same vendors over and over so no need to search for new vendors for the same products ie pens I use bicgraphics and hubpen been happy using them for yrs. Unless they make it so that if you join ASI you get better pricing then the next reseller in line that is not an ASI member then I dont see the value. Most if not all vendors never ask for an ASI# etc and if they do I gave them my 595 resale certificate and I was set up with an account.