• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone use photoPAINT DX

James Chrimes

I just one a copy of photoPaint dx and was wondering if any of you use it. If so how do you like it. What are to positives and negatives. It retails for around 1,500.00 which is cheap compaired to Omega but I think that is over priced anyways. Thanks for any info.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I don't think comparing it to Omega, which is a signmaking application with the ability to drive an Edge, and PhotoPrint, which is a RIP application, is any kind of an apples to apples comparison.

It's only overpriced if you are able to do what you need to do in a less costly manner.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Yes that is what it does well. Dealing with color management and reinterpreting pixels, creating contour cut paths, driving a printer and or a cutter, etc. OTOH it will have little or no capabilities such as you would expect to find in an illustration or signmaking application such as setting text, drawing with vectors, outlining, shadowing, etc.