• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone using a good app to help with sign surveys?

GypsyGraphics

I've been trying out several apps but can't seem to find just the right one to assist with sign surveys. I'd really like to take advantage of using an iPad to photograph, measure and make notations. Quite a while back someone posted about the My Measure app and that's one that works pretty well, although, I never was able to get the feature that calculates the dimension of a sign based on the first measurement you enter. But even it that worked well, I still want to be able to add notations and possibly even add images/shapes, like noting sign locations over a google map image.

Magic Plan is a pretty feature rich app, but you have to pay for per plan or pay a monthly fee. I don't mind paying for the app, even if it's a little pricey... if it does what i want and there are no additional fees.

Anyone using or heard of an app that works well for this?

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I've tried My Measures and frankly have just wound up going back to detailing notes directly onto printed photographs and then scanning them in.

GypsyGraphics

I've tried My Measures and frankly have just wound up going back to detailing notes directly onto printed photographs and then scanning them in.
that works for the location notes, but what you have to document a hundred signs?
my partner does rough illustrations of the main signs which we then recreate once back in the office, for the formal presentations.
he's old school so he doesn't mind... but i'm determined to find a faster easier way.
and using the iPad, sending all the work to iCloud, means we both have access to everything.
even if you're iPad gets swiped :(