• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone using CG-130 SRII? Got some questions

jimmmi

Hello, i am going to buy a Mimaki CG-130 SRII. Is it accurate? It can perf cut according to website, is it perf cutting well? I know its not Summa S2T so please i would like to read feedback from users that have it.
Doe it have skew correction like Graphtec for example?
Thanks

Last edited:

SALVATORE

I have the CG-130 SRIII. with Optic sensor and I love it! it is a new machine so I have no have any problem good machine thought.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
I have one- but never perf cut with it- just ordinary plotting.
Lovely machine. Of course you need Finecut software with it or it won't work - make sure you get that.

jimmmi

Thanks. Yes i know. I will get the 8 cd and upgrade to 9. Just they haven't released any Corel 2020 version of finecut yet and planning for November. Too much time.

jimmmi

I have one- but never perf cut with it- just ordinary plotting.
Lovely machine. Of course you need Finecut software with it or it won't work - make sure you get that.

Is it accurate in contour cutting digital printed media? For example 2-3m long? Is it correcting skew like Graphtecs?

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Is it accurate in contour cutting digital printed media? For example 2-3m long? Is it correcting skew like Graphtecs?
It would be... but my story is we bought it cheaply as the previous owner could not get the crop mark detection to work. Mimaki techs came out, replaced a lot of it and it still failed. They then got a print-and-cut machine, and did not need this or their old JV33.

As a plotter, used with Finecut, it is in my opinion better than the old Rolands we also use. The process of running it is different, but good. (But I still use the PNC1410 just as happily)

I wanted to get cropmark detection going and 3 weeks ago finally I solved it. A minute piece of gunk had got off the vinyl and blocked the sensor. Fixed that and it DID detect and plot properly. It was an ordeal getting it though- barely a 2 mm gap.

BUT due to my ignorance, I had the crop marks too far apart, ie just 4, one at each corner of a 1.3 x 1.8metre piece, that had long since warped, shrunk a bit, wrinkled and sat awaiting the moment I got it going.
I should ideally have had the marks more closely spaced, like around each important element perhaps 40-50cm apart, and had a fatter bleed line. And I need to reregister the offsets more accurately as I'd changed them while trying to figure out how to make it work.
(That's the offset between where the sensor is, versus where the blade is.)

It has its own skew correction ability. I've not run another file yet to check it though.
It locates each corner of the crop marks, and calculates any skew based on where it finds them - if you choose to have it search each corner, rather than just the top two, and mid-lines also.

You CAN download the user manual, free.

Hope that helps. I'm NOT speaking from experience, but from 18 months anguish trying to get it right occasionally, and eventually finally succeeding!

Last edited:

jimmmi

It would be... but my story is we bought it cheaply as the previous owner could not get the crop mark detection to work. Mimaki techs came out, replaced a lot of it and it still failed. They then got a print-and-cut machine, and did not need this or their old JV33.

As a plotter, used with Finecut, it is in my opinion better than the old Rolands we also use. The process of running it is different, but good. (But I still use the PNC1410 just as happily)

I wanted to get cropmark detection going and 3 weeks ago finally I solved it. A minute piece of gunk had got off the vinyl and blocked the sensor. Fixed that and it DID detect and plot properly. It was an ordeal getting it though- barely a 2 mm gap.

BUT due to my ignorance, I had the crop marks too far apart, ie just 4, one at each corner of a 1.3 x 1.8metre piece, that had long since warped, shrunk a bit, wrinkled and sat awaiting the moment I got it going.
I should ideally have had the marks more closely spaced, like around each important element perhaps 40-50cm apart, and had a fatter bleed line. And I need to reregister the offsets more accurately as I'd changed them while trying to figure out how to make it work.
(That's the offset between where the sensor is, versus where the blade is.)

It has its own skew correction ability. I've not run another file yet to check it though.
It locates each corner of the crop marks, and calculates any skew based on where it finds them - if you choose to have it search each corner, rather than just the top two, and mid-lines also.

You CAN download the user manual, free.

Hope that helps. I'm NOT speaking from experience, but from 18 months anguish trying to get it right occasionally, and eventually finally succeeding!

Thanks for the feedback. I hope it will cover my needs. I will try to perf also although blade and strip will wear. So Mimaki techs replaced many parts but didn't check the sensor????

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
I know only what I was told... and it seems like yes, they didn't check the sensor - but it's hard to get to. I had to wet a handkerchied with isopropyl alcohol, and pass it underneath back and forth a few times, and that did the trick.
The sensor was not where I thought it was.
Only after I paid for a service manual and downloaded it, did I figure where it actually was. It's not near the LED pointer at all.

The user manual is a free download. You can look up your perf cutting in it. :)

jimmmi

I know only what I was told... and it seems like yes, they didn't check the sensor - but it's hard to get to. I had to wet a handkerchied with isopropyl alcohol, and pass it underneath back and forth a few times, and that did the trick.
The sensor was not where I thought it was.
Only after I paid for a service manual and downloaded it, did I figure where it actually was. It's not near the LED pointer at all.

The user manual is a free download. You can look up your perf cutting in it. :)

That's very helpful. Thanks