• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Anyone using Vertelith with 1641SR-P? (Need profiles bad :))

LenXIII

So I made a post a few days ago about poor impressions of this pro model printer. I am still unsure of how well it performs because I just discovered the tech didn't install any profiles (it comes with generic) and the Vertelith software is BROKEN and won't download the profiles. More on this later for others having the issue.

First and foremost - I really need some profiles. I don't care what media / brand they are I just want to try things that aren't the generic. I downloaded the profile pack off of Mutoh's website but it comes in a .mpdf file format and I have no idea how to etract icc profiles from that because the software won't work properly. The file path for the icc profiles is as follows - I would really appreciate it if someone could zip them up and email them to me. You need to enable hidden files and system folders before you can find this. c:\ProgramData\Mutoh\VerteLith\Profiles\Printer\XPJ-1641SR-P\KCMY\ I already have the MS41 Generic, I am looking for any others.

As for what the software is doing for those curious. From what I can tell the only way to add profiles is to go into a job, click on "Printer Profile" then click the download button which will popup a window called download manager where you can download, import, or cancel the window. Problem is, as soon as this window opens all I get is a spinning wheel under download list and the whole window is grayed out and nothing can be clicked. I tried on 2 pcs and left it up all weekend. The program has to be force quit in this stage because nothing responds and you cant close the download manager window.

I have been waiting on Mutoh for 4-5 days and I haven't gotten a single response. This is all very frustrating. I don't know why they switched everything up to this vertelith software and the new head they are using in the pro because it all feels like a downgrade to me. I should have stuck with the non pro.

LenXIII

Hey guys, I just found a way to get around the broken software. This is one of those blind luck situations lol. So I copied the .mpdf file into the /profiles/printer/ folder knowing it wouldn't do anything because it wasn't .icc files. When I started vertelith up and went into profiles instead of freezing up the software it popped up some error message in japanese. This software will have errors if any files are altered in the programdata folder it seems. I delete the generic profiles folder and when attempting to start the software it went through an entire new install process as if I was running the installer again. Anyway, after I got the japanese error message I was able to click import! When clicking import though I got another japanese error message when selecting the profile pack. So, with the software still running and the download manager window still up I deleted that .mpdf file in the printer folder and then clicked import again. This time it worked and installed everything!

I have no idea how this worked, but I really hope that this helps someone else if they don't fix the issue by the time you get here. I will post back with my opinions on the printer after I try some of these profiles.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Go to Mutoh's website and hover over, "Support". There will be a drop down menu with, "Public FTP." Click that and then navigate to, "Printer information and Manuals," and then, "XpertJet," and then your model. It will have a profile folder with a whopping 2 profiles in it. Not much but hope it helps.

LenXIII

Go to Mutoh's website and hover over, "Support". There will be a drop down menu with, "Public FTP." Click that and then navigate to, "Printer information and Manuals," and then, "XpertJet," and then your model. It will have a profile folder with a whopping 2 profiles in it. Not much but hope it helps.
Thanks man - I actually have those 2 from that pack I was just able to install. Here's the thing - I think all of the profiles in the pack are fake. I tried running every profile already using a color swatch file and 4-5 different resolution combinations and guess what? Everything is identical. That means they just copied the icc color profiles for each manufacturer and probably only adjusted heat settings at best. All colors for this printer so far are garbage and the gamma range is very poor. It's going to be a lot of work trying to figure this out since I don't have a better base to start with.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thanks man - I actually have those 2 from that pack I was just able to install. Here's the thing - I think all of the profiles in the pack are fake. I tried running every profile already using a color swatch file and 4-5 different resolution combinations and guess what? Everything is identical. That means they just copied the icc color profiles for each manufacturer and probably only adjusted heat settings at best. All colors for this printer so far are garbage and the gamma range is very poor. It's going to be a lot of work trying to figure this out since I don't have a better base to start with.
Sorry to hear it. I haven't been trained on the new printers or software yet so I can't help much. If it were me, I'd push the dealer to help more or see if you can contact Mutoh directly. They used to speak to end users but don't anymore but in your case, you might want to escalate things.

LenXIII

Here is an example of how this printer prints out of the box. The top two rows are just a random profile from my Mutoh 1624 at 720x720. The rest of the rows are all various profiles and resolutions from the 1641SR-P, almost all of which were printed at higher res than the old mutoh. The phone camera altered it a little but in reality the top 2 rows are even more vivid / rgb lookin and the rest of the rows are even more dull. The pink and far right lime green in reality on the top 2 rows is super hot pink and bright bright lime green. I tried all of the media profiles as well as every single one of the ~15-20 RGB icc profiles (not pictured) in the new 1641SRP and none come even close to the gamma range of the old one.
Example.jpg

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Sorry to hear of all your issues. This really sounds like the reseller whoever sold you the printer dropped the ball. It is the responsibility of the reseller to work with the customer and to provide adequate profiles to work with. We just installed one of these printers at a customer yesterday and the software and the printer worked quite well. They had a 1624 which they traded in and are very happy with the speed and color fidelity of the new 1641SR Pro printer. We as a reseller though calibrated the printer and created several different profiles for the media they are printing on. So my first call if I were you would be the reseller that sold you the printer as it is their responsibility to see that is functioning as it should and they didn't do their job.

heyskull

If this is anything to go by my Mutoh 1641SR was so badly supported by Mutoh and by the Print Media Suppliers it was returned.
I am now running a Roland VersaExpress RF-640 and Roland will talk to me regarding profiles and issues I have had with it (very few), which is more than Mutoh ever did.

Honestly if basing on my experience, return to seller as "it is not fit for purpose".

SC