• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

app fluid & digital prints

ucmj22

Application fluid worx like a champ on computer cut vinyl, but not so much on digitally printed vinyl. The fluid takes forever to dissipate when I use it to lay down large graphics printed on calendared media and creates edge curl that never wants to go back down well. Has anyone else had this problem? haven't tried the standard soapy water since we started printing. does that work better?

MikePro

never use application fluid on anything but clear adhesive or reflective vinyl.

grey backed vinyl/adhesive typical of printed materials (especially air release) does not like being wet.

ucmj22

the calendared I am using has a clear adhesive. at first I thought i didnt let it outgas enough before applying, but even after leaving for a weekend before applying with fluid, it doesn't want to take. just trying to figure something out to make my life easier next week when I have to apply these calendared prints to glass. low end calendar prints I dont laminate, generally because they are indoor, or client wants cheap, I dont even have calendared overlam in the shop. just got some spray laminate for the low end outdoor jobs.

ova

If you're doing a full bleed, maybe the profiles aren't correct. This might cause the media to curl some while outgasing and the adhesive will dry on the edge.

Found this out the hard way.

Dave