• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Application Roller For Existing Table. Any Ideas?

Stacey K

I like making signs
Here's my set-up...roll of 24 or 30" on the end of my table and I use the big squeegee to apply application tape. I have my laminator on the side at the other end and I put a 4'x8' sheet balanced on a large garbage can and roll it through onto that separate table in the bottom of the picture that I can pull closer. It works pretty well.

Attachments

• 306562361_625633402606356_4070557985761589442_n.jpg
    306562361_625633402606356_4070557985761589442_n.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 307573615_1159724534900274_6535938377373628137_n.jpg
    307573615_1159724534900274_6535938377373628137_n.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 93

garyroy

I think you should go for this one. It would give you an edge. See homepage link.

It's got heat assist, electric table, built in cutters, fully lit table, guaranteed to make your life easier. ;)

garyroy

Here's my set-up...roll of 24 or 30" on the end of my table and I use the big squeegee to apply application tape. I have my laminator on the side at the other end and I put a 4'x8' sheet balanced on a large garbage can and roll it through onto that separate table in the bottom of the picture that I can pull closer. It works pretty well.
Stacey, look at you girl! You are making it happen with that sweet setup. I like it.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I also thought that the application tables were stupid but we got one anyways. I didn't like it at first but now I would not want to go back to mounting prints with a regular roll laminator. We have never used it for laminating or applying pre-mask, only mounting. You could make your own but the main issue is getting it level with a perfectly flat surface. One tiny low spot will trap air and give you big bubbles. If you were applying something heavy like formica then it wouldn't really be as critical but these thin films really need to go on perfectly flat.

signheremd

I think you should go for this one. It would give you an edge. See homepage link.

It's got heat assist, electric table, built in cutters, fully lit table, guaranteed to make your life easier. ;)
We have a CWt - no heat assist on ours. We use it to laminate, mask wide format prints, and we apply vinyl to wide things, like reverse weed translucent onto acrylic our polycarbonate faces. Love it.

Notarealsignguy

I got a cheapy chinese table from Fayon. Putting it together was not the easiest thing, we we're lucky and had a reach forklift and lifting straps here to lift the table top up to assemble it.

buggyjr12

just buy a cheap laminator, put a table in front & behind it to catch the materials, trying to build an app table will be hard work to get everything square & getting the pressure even, laminators already have this built in, ideally you want one that also does reverse

That's exactly what I'd do if I had the space. I'm limited, however.

buggyjr12

i bought some used warehouse conveyor sections
they can be setup in front & behind any of our laminators, or when i want to pass a sheet of polystyrene through one of the solvent printers, or can be used with our table saw. very versatile

Unfortunately, I don't have the space behind my laminator to do that.

garyroy

I got a cheapy chinese table from Fayon. Putting it together was not the easiest thing, we we're lucky and had a reach forklift and lifting straps here to lift the table top up to assemble it.
Hey 'NotAReal" I bought and imported my Fayon from Maggie in China almost 10 years ago.
It may have been one of the first ones they shipped to the US. I had it shipped from Shanghai(?), then to CA, then flatbed trucked to GA.
The table was about $5200 back then. All of the landing and shipping fees were about another $3300 at the time. They were kind of new
in the market then and the machine was being improved. I use it but not to it's full potential. I don't think I ever really got the table leveled perfectly.
Works for me for what I use it for.

Notarealsignguy

Hey 'NotAReal" I bought and imported my Fayon from Maggie in China almost 10 years ago.
It may have been one of the first ones they shipped to the US. I had it shipped from Shanghai(?), then to CA, then flatbed trucked to GA.
The table was about $5200 back then. All of the landing and shipping fees were about another $3300 at the time. They were kind of new
in the market then and the machine was being improved. I use it but not to it's full potential. I don't think I ever really got the table leveled perfectly.
Works for me for what I use it for.
I actually think ours was a little less all in but we have the newer table that is more basic and we also bought an electric trimmer from them. We have one low spot but I never even raised it off the casters and still move it around if we need the space. That is probably our issue. The shipping and duties are not cheap either.