• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Appraisal Logo

Joe Diaz

We had a gentleman stop in and his business is need of a new sign. We talked him into doing a brand new logo.

They do appraisal, but not for homes. So he wanted me to create some sort of imagery that focuses on their area of expertise, which is agricultural and commercial appraisals.

Here is what I came up with:
Ifft_Appraisal_Services_Logo1.jpg
Ifft_Appraisal_Services_Logo2.jpg

Here is the sign layout:
Ifft_Appraisal_Services_Logo3.jpg

HaroldDesign

Beautiful! I think that concept hits home. The "Ifft" looks good cosmetically, but it left me sort of having to figure it out.

Joe Diaz

I think it would have more impact as just black (instead of grey for the one-color)

Yeah, I mean you can make it any color. Black would obviously be the loudest, highest contrasting color you could choose on a white background. And you can do it in black as easy as you can do it in red or gray. I just picked gray for this thread (for what ever reason, I don't know.)

But what I mean by "impact" has more to do with the lasting impression the full color design leaves, not so much it's visibility. The full color is just a more interesting image... In my opinion.

So far, in this clients case, we don't have a job scheduled that will utilize a one color design, but that doesn't mean he won't use one in the future... so I always have a one color option available to the client. In fact I started out with a one color design anyway, so there really isn't any additional work.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I like it..

On the one color issue, this will work in one color, but with technology being what it is, having a single color option in a lot of instances is really not needed. I agree to start a design in black and white to determine proportion and space.

The other thing is, why have the least desirable print option and perhaps an option that will rarely if ever be used, drive the design. You loose a lot of options when required to stick with that narrow design method.

TheSellOut

The one color looks great too!! Nice design work Joe! And Rick I totally agree, but I think a solid logo design needs to work in a one color layout...even if it is never used!