• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arching A Logo

Signs4Realtors

Thank You! Just a design suggestion, I recommend changing the colors between tri state tuners and .com to make it more readable (it all runs together). Also, I recommend making the logo smaller to the lettering can sit higher on the windshield.

GmanDesign

im sorry i forgot to mention the it is going across the bottom of the windshield and im layering the black on top on chrome vinyl.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
im sorry i forgot to mention the it is going across the bottom of the windshield and im layering the black on top on chrome vinyl.

I've never seen one done at the bottom. How will it be clear of the windshield wipers? If the wipers are allowed to touch it, their motion will wear out the graphic in very short order.

Kwiksigns

wookie
Sometimes one program just might not be able to do it for you... Signwizard 6 has an awesome distortion feature.

But in your screenshot, There are two different distortions to get that effect, "arc" and "arch". You are using arc. try arch.

you could try creating path text. make the path first and then apply the text to it. then fit that logo thing on it.

GmanDesign

I've never seen one done at the bottom. How will it be clear of the windshield wipers? If the wipers are allowed to touch it, their motion will wear out the graphic in very short order.

its a temporary graphic he is putting on his Toyota supra that is on show at the Philly auto show this weekend.

Sometimes one program just might not be able to do it for you... Signwizard 6 has an awesome distortion feature.

But in your screenshot, There are two different distortions to get that effect, "arc" and "arch". You are using arc. try arch.

you could try creating path text. make the path first and then apply the text to it. then fit that logo thing on it.

i do not have the font for the text. this was giving to me as an eps file.

GmanDesign

you where right on point there. after i re read ur post and looked again my my options there it was. using arch instead of arc. i completely overlooked it and didnt even see is there.

Thanks to all for your help. i know i can be confusing some times.

Jillbeans

Aha!
Thanks for posting the pix.
I guess the bottom of a windshield would not be that much different than the top.
Glad this is just for a show!
PS
I hate working with chrome.

RiXaX

Fred, I clicked on the link to the tutorial that you posted and got a message telling me "you do not have permission to access this page."
What's up with this ?